PDA

View Full Version : This is fun.

kvidell
May 23rd, 2005, 03:57 AM
So... Breezy finally bit me. X is ~dead~.
Yay! hehe. I guess I shouldn't have challeneged the devs to break me ;P They did.

I'm posting this via Links.
I'm amazed at how usable this forum is via Links/Lynx.
Good on ya for that, vBulletin+PHP-Hackers-Abroad.

Hah :-\ Hopefully this'll be fixed soon. I have an 8 hour flight tomorrow and I'd rather have my laptop not be dead for it. I don't own an iPod and MPG123/321 are kind of... crappy.
Heh.

- Kev

HungSquirrel
May 23rd, 2005, 05:19 AM
Do yourself a favor. sudo apt-get install elinks and go into the options and turn on color. Elinks is the best purely text browser out there as far as features, ease of use, and presentation. Since you're already used to links, you'll find elinks familiar. As the name suggests, elinks is based on links.

somuchfortheafter
May 23rd, 2005, 12:41 PM
i was gonna say do yourself a favor and just do a quick reinstall of hoary for the flight and upgrade again when you got back but w/e lol

XDevHald
May 23rd, 2005, 12:45 PM
There's no way to go back and replace Breezy with Hoary, been there, done that, enjoyed the torcher, ;) But it's always great to experience and examine Hoary as you reinstall it, and you just might notice some new changes as well ;)

I enjoy saying this little saying here because no one listens, but it'll be kept in the log book as noted to others, Don't install Breezy until October of this year, stick with Hoary, or Warty, if you choose to upgrade Warty to Hoary, please be my guest, but DON'T upgrade to Breezy and come whining to us about how we didn't warn you! :D

sapo
May 23rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
do yourself a favor and just do it:

If it can't find fonts, symlink your font paths to the new location, which is /usr/share/X11/fonts
If it can't find `startx`, you just need to symlink /usr/bin/X11 to /usr/X11R6/bin