PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini : what you get info?

Omnios
February 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Hi I am thinking about getting a mac mini in the future. I guess my question is what you get wit ha mac mini compared to a regular mac in the way of development and can it run most of the mac development software? Im into graphics and have seen some really nice mac graphics, animation and development on the Tv. Can a mac mini actually run this stuff?

flyinsquirrel992
February 16th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Hi I am thinking about getting a mac mini in the future. I guess my question is what you get wit ha mac mini compared to a regular mac in the way of development and can it run most of the mac development software? Im into graphics and have seen some really nice mac graphics, animation and development on the Tv. Can a mac mini actually run this stuff?

Although this isn't a Mac forum I'll answer this anyways ^.^

From what I've seen the mac mini is almost the middle point between price and hardware (between a laptop and full tower). Neat idea, but just know that you will pay more for it and get less then a standard mac computer.

As for software, I guarentee it should run anything you throw into it thats Mac-compatible, but the performance, that depends what you are trying to run, if you need graphics intensive programs I'd look into something else, the graphics adapter seems to be kind of stingy. Take a look at here for specs http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html.