PDA

View Full Version : Best/Favorite WYSIWYG Editor

Requiemx
February 15th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Tell me which one you like because I'm looking for one.

studiesrule
February 15th, 2007, 09:28 PM
There's a 487 post sticky up there that will certainly have more than enough IDE's. You should check that out. I use Anjuta or Codeblocks. Both are under heavy development, but both are quite nice. You could always use eclipse, but I find debugging a bit buggy there.

vloris
February 15th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Tell me which one you like because I'm looking for one.
What do you want to see and edit? Webpages? Letters? Dialogs?

I use Anjuta or Codeblocks.
What kind of WYSIWYG do they do apart from coloring the code you write?
I agree the question is not very clear, but I'm rather certain your answer isn't what he was asking for :)

studiesrule
February 15th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Your right, I haven't mentioned details well. Those editors are mainly for C/C++. Anjuta can do other languages with plugins. Anjuta integrates Glade very well, so you can WYSIWYG gtk apps. C::B has wxSmith, which is a CB only plugin, that does the same for wxWidgets. That's pretty much all the WYSI you can get. It's the only wx WYSIWYG app I know of for linux (that is free. DialogEditor is there, but that has to be bought).
Anjuta also has Graphviz support, so you can create class inheritance charts and the works. C:B doesn't do much of that.

Mirrorball
February 15th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I think he wants an HTML WYSIWYG editor, like Nvu. But I do not recommend writing webpages using a WYSIWYG editor, unless you already know how to write accessible semantic standards compliant HTML without one. If you have no idea what standards I'm talking about, I emphatically suggest you start searching. :) There is a lot to learn.

my_wing
May 27th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Your right, I haven't mentioned details well. Those editors are mainly for C/C++. Anjuta can do other languages with plugins. Anjuta integrates Glade very well, so you can WYSIWYG gtk apps. C::B has wxSmith, which is a CB only plugin, that does the same for wxWidgets. That's pretty much all the WYSI you can get. It's the only wx WYSIWYG app I know of for linux (that is free. DialogEditor is there, but that has to be bought).
Anjuta also has Graphviz support, so you can create class inheritance charts and the works. C:B doesn't do much of that.

Please help me I am using ubuntu 8.04 installed anjuta Graphviz, I want to start programming in C++. I created couple of Generic C++ class with Inheritance ... (not GTK or gtk mm). I make sure that I install the Class Inheritance plug-in and the only option available is update (within the Inheritance Graph window) and nothing appear please tell me how I draw graph.