PDA

View Full Version : opinions on what i should do with itunes giftcard

Polygon
February 15th, 2007, 07:00 AM
so... i have a gift card to itunes (15 dollars) that i have had lying around since christmas. I dont want to really use it on itunes because then i have to go through that stupid ordeal of wasting a CD by burning the album to a CD then re-ripping it as OGG or something... and then the quality sucks and half the time the volume is really soft compared to my cd ripped tracks

I also cannot return it as its activated at the register and you cant return it after that

I also have like 30 or so dollars left in my apple account (from other itunes gift cards).... i have no idea what im going to do with that

suggestions?

aysiu
February 15th, 2007, 07:02 AM
I'd regift it and treat yourself to a real CD from a real music store.

yabbadabbadont
February 15th, 2007, 07:07 AM
There are of course ways to, ummmm, convert the purchased files so that they can be played in Linux. It is up to you to decide if it is legal/ethical to do so however.

igknighted
February 15th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Easy, buy the music, burn it to a CD, then reimport with linux. Unless you are a sound quality junkie (if you are buying from iTunes probably not) you wont notice the difference.

Hendrixski
February 15th, 2007, 08:04 AM
E-Bay it's where most people sell their bad christmas gifts

m1135
March 14th, 2007, 03:17 AM
quick question, in ubuntu, does music have to be .ogg, can it be .mp3 or .wav?
what about videos? obviously .wmv wont work w/out xover office.
help?

Quillz
March 14th, 2007, 03:27 AM
quick question, in ubuntu, does music have to be .ogg, can it be .mp3 or .wav?
what about videos? obviously .wmv wont work w/out xover office.
help?
You can use any file format you want in Linux or any other OS. And if you install mplayer and the mozilla-mplayer packages, you will be able to play .wma files.