PDA

View Full Version : Love

Baelfael
February 15th, 2007, 03:44 AM
... is anyone in love with a girl, who says she loves you too, but might just not understand how you really feel about her?

GFree
February 15th, 2007, 03:48 AM
You love her, she loves you. What's the problem you're having?

muguwmp67
February 15th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I've always suffered from Best Friend Syndrom (BFS), so I'm familiar with unrequited love. Not sure what to call this though.

Baelfael
February 15th, 2007, 03:49 AM
A lot of girls I know understimate love... like it's a casual thing for them to say "I love you" to an average Joe. I don't know if she means it... but I think she does.

meng
February 15th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Understanding takes time. It's complicated.

aysiu
February 15th, 2007, 03:51 AM
... is anyone in love with a girl, who says she loves you too, but might just not understand how you really feel about her?
In other words, when you say "I love you," you mean you want to spend the rest of your life with her. When she says it, she might mean she has fun hanging around you?

Is that what you mean?

GFree
February 15th, 2007, 03:54 AM
A lot of girls I know understimate love... like it's a casual thing for them to say "I love you" to an average Joe. I don't know if she means it... but I think she does.
Then you'll have to ask her to define her terms of Love. Or, to be more specific, how far she'd be willing to go. Women are so non-specific sometimes.

Baelfael
February 15th, 2007, 03:54 AM
In other words, when you say "I love you," you mean you want to spend the rest of your life with her. When she says it, she might mean she has fun hanging around you?

Is that what you mean?

Not that way... but as in I feel a love for her more than anyone else at the moment, and I'm not 100% sure if she understands what I'm trying to say to her.

In child/teenager form, I like-like her. I hate using that term though.

muguwmp67
February 15th, 2007, 04:21 AM

I was like this until my late 20's. That quest for 'the one' caused me to get 'googly eyed' over any girl I started to go out with. I think there was a lot of fun that I missed because I took love too seriously. Casablanca, Lancelot and Guinevere, Tristan and Isolde, and scores of other romances from film and books all appealed to me, but they weren't as much fun in practice.

weatherman
February 15th, 2007, 08:51 AM
yeah, guys are way more romantic than girls :)