PDA

View Full Version : Damn it feels good to be SINGLE on Valentines Day

rko618
February 15th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Is anyone else elated that they are not in a relationship and thus do not have to blow a bunch money today?

:guitar:

FuturePilot
February 15th, 2007, 02:55 AM
I was rather sad that I wasn't in a relationship.....:confused:

meng
February 15th, 2007, 03:03 AM
To each his own. I used to enjoy Valentine's when I was single, and equally now I'm not.

scrooge_74
February 15th, 2007, 03:04 AM
I am married, so I dont have to give anything :D

soham
February 15th, 2007, 03:04 AM
i am in the same boat

GFree
February 15th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Don't really give a toss. Just another day.

rabid emu
February 15th, 2007, 03:10 AM
I used Valentine's day as an excuse to ask out a girl when otherwise I probably never would have.

So yes it's not bad being single on valentine's day except that I don't get any lovin' :(

Motoxrdude
February 15th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Make this into a poll to see who is single and who is take/married.

muguwmp67
February 15th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I didn't even know it was valentines day until I saw this thread. I'm glad I'm single, cuz otherwise I'd be in a heap of trouble.

some_random_noob
February 15th, 2007, 04:46 AM
lol who cares... I stained some lovely fences on Valentines day!

(it was yesterday in nz :P )

BarfBag
February 15th, 2007, 05:36 AM
I spent Valentines Day building a new Arch system. Who needs girls? I'll get to "loving" one of these days, but for now - virgin geek wishing only to be left alone.

I tend to be on the anti-social side, in case you weren't getting the drift.

Pikestaff
February 15th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Well... I'm taken, but my boyfriend and I didn't do anything special at all for Valentine's Day... except maybe mention it once or twice. :P

boredandblogging.com
February 15th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Its not that bad...all I did was buy some flowers and make nice dinner. Guess it depends on the expectations of your SO.

SZF2001
February 15th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I will never get laid nor reproduce. Who wants another me running around anyway?

Wish I could hold a boob though. Just one would be nice. Just... a boob...

GameManK
February 15th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Was kind of sad I was single, but then I overheard a girl on the phone saying "Did you get me something?? It doesn't matter what I said!"

karellen
February 15th, 2007, 08:24 AM
well...I don't know. I'm involved in a relationship for almost 8 months, so I wasn't alone...Anyway, we're fine the way we are :)

rko618
February 15th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Wow a lot of mixed reactions I guess. I figured valentines day was dreaded by guys.

fuscia
February 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Is anyone else elated that they are not in a relationship and thus do not have to blow a bunch money today?

despite the financial drawbacks of being in a relationship, there is the consolation prize of having sex with someone other than yourself, or 'bonnie blowup'.

Titus A Duxass
February 15th, 2007, 12:26 PM
lol who cares... I stained some lovely fences on Valentines day! - I've heard called some things before but never fence staining!

'bonnie blowup' - That's one coffee and a cleaning bill you owe me Fusccia :-))

I have been with the same lady for the last 21 years, we have never got into this commercial celebration of one's love for another.

I buy flowers when I see some and she gets me home when I'm drunk as a fart.

Just... a boob... - Easy Tiger!

PartisanEntity
February 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I am not single and we do not celebrate valentines day because it is nothing more than a commercial product invented by businesses to make money, then others pretend it has historic and religious backgrounds (all fake and unprovable).

rai4shu2
February 15th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Funny day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day

Lupercalia, of which many write that it was anciently celebrated by shepherds, and has also some connection with the Arcadian Lycaea. At this time many of the noble youths and of the magistrates run up and down through the city naked, for sport and laughter striking those they meet with shaggy thongs. And many women of rank also purposely get in their way, and like children at school present their hands to be struck, believing that the pregnant will thus be helped in delivery, and the barren to pregnancy.

and this gem:

Valentine's Day also has regional traditions in the UK. In Norfolk a character called 'Jack' Valentine knocks on the rear door of houses leaving sweets and presents for children. Although leavings treats, many children were scared of this mystical person.

fuscia
February 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
sorry about that, titus.

Titus A Duxass
February 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
That wikipedia article is a crock of steaming manure apart from this little gem "..... naked, for sport and laughter striking those they meet with shaggy thongs" That I have to see!!
Beats the hell out of Staining Fences!

antharr
February 15th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I am married so I had lots of fun. I had a very nice dinner and a very sweet after dinner mint.:)

rado_london
February 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I am single. But in Bulgaria on the 14th we got a celebration which is something like The Day of the Wine so everyone gets absolutely ****** so I felt very good last night.

Oh yeah and I woke up with a girl next to me :) :) :)

BWF89
February 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm not in a relationship. Theres no girls (that I haven't already asked out) that I get along with at my school. We had a snow day yesterday, so I spent the day running around town with my friends. Sure beats going to school and watching every googly eyed couple holding each other in the halls.

lol who cares... I stained some lovely fences on Valentines day!
What is fence staining?

Adamant1988
February 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I'm in one, and I didn't have to "blow a bunch of money". It appears that if you actually act like you care, your significant other will appreciate it.

For my valentines day "gifts" I made my girl stay on the phone with me unti 12:00 AM Febuary 14th so I could tell her "Happy valentines day". She moved to another city for college, I'm going to see her tomorrow but the only thing I've purchased is some chocolate covered cherries to take with me. The plans are simple, nothing elegant.

Titus A Duxass
February 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
What is fence staining? - I think it's a double entendre.

Choad
February 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
- I think it's a double entendre.
i'd like to double your entendre

*has been waiting for that setup for years*

Titus A Duxass
February 15th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Tres drole!

williammartina
February 18th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Really good to be single on the valentines day so that no need to take a penny from your pocket.

point_man
February 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM

:guitar:

typical free software user mentality

lmao just kidding!!

XubuRoxMySox
February 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
It's nice to be single when you're the only boy in dance class!

But I did buy li'l Valentine cards for all my classmates and students. Money well spent.

-Robin

NoaHall
February 18th, 2010, 02:25 PM
It's nice to be single when you're the only boy in dance class!

But I did buy li'l Valentine cards for all my classmates and students. Money well spent.

-Robin

Playaaaaa! ;)

fugazi32
February 18th, 2010, 03:51 PM
My girlfriend didn't want me to buy her a present, so I'm sorted!

Free sex on Valentine's Day! :D

Primefalcon
February 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
My wife and I basically just had a nice dinner and a movie and basicaly had a nice relaxed day

markp1989
February 18th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Don't really give a toss. Just another day.

+1 its just a con by the card/chocoloate/flower sellers.

Sef
February 18th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Locked. Necromancing.