PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a programming buddy.

thenetduck
February 13th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Hi guys,
I hope this doesn't sound to well cheesy but I really want to contribute to the Open Source community (plus I want the experience) but I seem to be going about it the wrong way. For instance, I tried to help with docs and I guess I wasn't doing it right (didn't really encourage me).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would kind of "help me out" or "show me the ropes" when it comes to helping out on a project or doing some type of collaborative programming. I can program well in C++ and Java and am also learning Python.

Thanks,

The Net Duck

lnostdal
February 13th, 2007, 07:06 AM
I've got a ton of Lisp-stuff that needs attention. Both big, medium and small coding tidbits with different levels of difficulty. Some with big potential significance to the community as a whole(#1), and some probably more directed at people doing specialized tasks.

Feel free to contact me and I'll help you get set up and started. :)

#1: #lisp on freenode (irc) has about 220 people online at all times - not too bad ... to compare; #c has 380, python has 330, #java has 220 ..

comp.lang.lisp also has a big and active community; i have no idea how big exactly but google groups mentions 2700 subscribers -- i bet there are many more actual readers/participants considering that most people prefer other newsreaders than google groups :)

thenetduck
February 13th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Hey Thanks! I added you on Jabber wit your gmail account. Should I use MSN instead?

The Net Duck

lnostdal
February 13th, 2007, 07:58 AM
jabber is fine :)