PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some good reads

FlakMonkey
February 13th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Hey guys,

I'm guessing there are alot more of you out there than me who like to read up on things and understand how they work. So my question is this - Do any of you know any good (and recent) books about anything from Internet Security/Cybercrime/Unix/IT itself.

Iv been reading a book entitled 'Computer Ethics' Some of it i can grasp, Alot of it seems fairly outdated, And some of it is just babble to me and perhaps a bit too advanced for my teenage brain as yet. But if your interested in hearing some interesting stories about some of the biggest cybercrimes of history - I highly recommend it.

So.. Any suggestions? Personally im only just moving on to Linux distros, Iv always been a Windows user. But im starting to learn more about Debian as i just finished setting up one of these bad boys: http://tunez.sourceforge.net/

Id love to learn more about all of those mentioned topics, Thanks heaps!

-Flakmonkey

rverrips
February 14th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Although not a "Technical Guide" as such, I can really recommend Glynn Moody's book entitled Rebel Code - It's a wonderful account of how Linux became what it is today (well, I read it 5 years ago, and linux is a lot more these days, and I don't know if Moody has done a revision)