PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction Install Problems

MicroChris
February 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Hello all,

I'm trying to install Diablo II: Lord of Destruction via Wine.

I have installed Diablo II correctly and it runs, however when I try and install LoD, it says "Please install Diablo II before installing this".... well, its already installed.. lol

Any workaround for this?

Thanks,
Chris

Muiske
February 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Usually when you have installed D2 fine and put the LOD cd in, it automatically detects that D2 is installed. From there, you can choose to upgrade to LOD. Have you tried this already?

If not, I'd try to search where D2 was installed (usually in ~/c/Program Files/Diablo II) and see if everything is correct.

I wouldn't know if there is any workaround should everything be installed fine. You could try to see if the Wine settings (winecfg) are messed up.....

amusicalsoul
June 17th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I have this same problem as we speak. Have you found anything out?

Azuu
June 17th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Diablo 2 and LoD are old enough you can just extract them direct from the CD and install. If that doesn't work, try a mount command in the terminal.

amusicalsoul
June 17th, 2009, 06:02 AM
yo slick i got it to work using wine. make sure that D2 and the expansion LOD are installed with wine. it will work. tell it to put a desktop shortcut and then bam, you're set. game runs fine with wine! ;)

efikkan
June 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
The latest patch is able to run without the CD, but otherwise use d2loader.

You can also try installing using PlayOnLinux (http://playonlinux.com/en/)

del_diablo
June 17th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I'm trying to install Diablo II: Lord of Destruction via Wine.

Thats just odd. Last time i checked it was just to install, and its a go go.
Diablo 2 LOD reads a register file, which means there got to be some clutter there. Did you install on Windows then move it to Wine? Because thats fail, just in case.

PS: did you check it on appdb before you attempted to install=

ELD
June 17th, 2009, 09:35 PM
This would be better suited in the WINE forum, it was created for a reason buddy.

As already noted add in all the patches and follow instructions on the WINE website for the game.