PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this error message?

user1397
February 11th, 2007, 10:37 AM
if you own an xbox 360, have you ever had that weird message that says:

"To play this disc, put it in an xbox 360 console."

The background during this message is white with some green lines and the message is displayed in several different languages.

There are a couple of things wrong with this:

1) The game I had put in the disc tray was a brand new oblivion (and I had already tried it in my friends xbox 360, and it worked)

2) This message happens with every game. (360 or original xbox)

I tried ejecting the disc tray a billion times, or turning it off and on, I downloaded updates through xbox live, and I have even reformatted my hard drive, but still no go.

The xbox 360 was bought in december of 2005 (yep one of the first ones, sort of), so the warranty is over. I have checked on the xbox support site but could not find a similar error message. On xbox forums people have had this message, but I have never come across a solution.

So i have two choices:

1) Call microsoft and ask how to fix my problem (and how much it would cost)

2) Get a new 360 (which I don't really feel like doing)

What do you guys think?

_simon_
February 11th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Reading around, you're actually lucky if you get one that doesn't have problems.

I'd call MS first and see what they say. If you kick up a fuss maybe they will replace it free, you'd expect a console to last longer than just over a year!

kerry_s
February 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I don't think they would even care, they already got your money. I think you'll end up buying a new one. Congratulations on your shiny new paperweight. :confused:

corstar
February 15th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Get a wii. Forget Microsuck.
I'm getting one very soon, it takes console gaming to version 1.5. They aren't at ver 2.0 yet....lol