PDA

View Full Version : ROFL, Look at me and buddy's conversation!!

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 02:17 AM
hehehe... this conversation haas been going for a while now.. rofl.. look at his view on Linux userss :P

(03:10:25 AM) ndb360: maybe you must give me a tour of it, because from the video im seeing it looks pretty useless?
(03:10:41 AM) ndb360: It looks like a dock that moves around?
(03:10:52 AM) Andre: it's shortscuts dude.... like the mac OSX dock
(03:10:59 AM) Andre: except you can play with it
(03:11:03 AM) ndb360: im wathcing another video
(03:11:09 AM) Andre: and it has physics attached to it andd stuff
(03:12:08 AM) ndb360: "Haha! Thanks for posting. I love kiba-dock.... it's like the Mac OS X dock on crack."
(03:12:15 AM) ndb360: from youtube comments
(03:12:25 AM) Andre: yeah... roffl... I remember that one :)
(03:12:32 AM) Andre: that's what made me want to install it :P
(03:12:35 AM) ndb360: so its a dock
(03:12:45 AM) ndb360: but you can play with it...
(03:12:51 AM) ndb360: I have figured Linux ppl out
(03:12:56 AM) Andre: ROOFL !!!!
(03:12:59 AM) ndb360: you dont like productivity do you
(03:13:01 AM) Andre: HHAHAHAHAHHAHA
(03:13:19 AM) Andre: well... we do ubuntu a lot
(03:13:33 AM) Andre: I'm ubuntu-ing atm
(03:13:41 AM) ndb360: I just need to creat this quote and then send it to my ... oooooohweee, look at my icons fly around.... so preeeety..... oooooh, aaaaaah,, YOURE FIRED

BarfBag
February 8th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Har har...

muguwmp67
February 8th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Ok, so we do tweak a lot...

But is that any better than playing solitare, browsing ebay, searching for new desktop backgrounds, searching for more spyware laden smileys?

Besides, we're learning how to solve problems for ourselves (well at least many of us are...) So doesn't that mean we're actually being more productive than windows users when we're being unproductive?

CPtAJ
February 8th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Hey, its not about the OS. We were learning how to solve problems in windows a few years back too. Linux is just a newer challenge ](*,)

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

:lol:

delfick
February 8th, 2007, 03:22 AM
kiba-dock is a toy :D

toys are cool :D </inner child>

Choad
February 8th, 2007, 03:52 AM
you inspired me to get the kiba dock. its hillarious

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 04:48 AM
It's actually quite funny.He's been giving me hassles the last couple of weeks, because, whenever we're chatting, he ask what I'm doing... I'd reply: "I'm Ubuntuing" ... And then he would give me crap for ages on how Linux or Ubuntu isn't a verb... hehe

~LoKe
February 8th, 2007, 04:54 AM
He's right. And maybe if you really did want to enforce your point, you wouldn't mention something other than pure eye-candy.

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 05:03 AM
I must however mention that we are very good friends, and we diss each other lots. I saved him and his business just last week when he had some troubles with emails almost gone lost, due to some propriatory program, told him to download Thunderbird, and how to transfer his emails across... he's quite happy, and would actually swap to Ubuntu, was it not for the fact that he's a serious graphic designer, and need to use Adobe products etc.

We give each other sh$*t all the time :P

saulgoode
February 8th, 2007, 05:14 AM
... And then he would give me crap for ages on how Linux or Ubuntu isn't a verb... hehe

All nouns can be verbed.

DrainBead
February 8th, 2007, 05:20 AM
hehehe... this conversation haas been going for a while now.. rofl.. look at his view on Linux userss :P

That was as much fun as watching a spider weave his web, some people are fascinated by that but only because they are really wierd.

DrainBead
February 8th, 2007, 05:27 AM
He's right. And maybe if you really did want to enforce your point, you wouldn't mention something other than pure eye-candy.

How would he do that? He does not *get* Linux.

What he wants and likes is what he sees, it's all about eye candy dontchaknow? Most common complaint on XP vs older versions was Luna, you want to make a bet that the most common one with Vista will be Aero?

It's ok, they are users, not programmers and even though Linux is by programmers for programmers, this is something to just ignore and move on on.

Accept it for what it is, eventually he'll learn more about the underlying system, sooner or later X will crash and he will have to learn something, and once bitten.......

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Hey... I'm not a complete Linux Noob T_T
My X have crashed before, and I have had to fix it before. OK, so I'm not a programmer, but I do use ubuntu for work nevertheless.

Personally I find that having eye candy makes me more productive, cause I enjoy working on my PC.

^_^

DrainBead
February 8th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Hey... I'm not a complete Linux Noob T_T
My X have crashed before, and I have had to fix it before. OK, so I'm not a programmer, but I do use ubuntu for work nevertheless.

Personally I find that having eye candy makes me more productive, cause I enjoy working on my PC.

^_^

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, except that you can't really judge the underlying quality of a system by the way it looks (if you could then a kit car could be as good as an F50 for one tenth of the price).

Linux and Vista are fundamentally different, much more so than you might think just fooling around with DE's and WM's and the various eye candy of each.

I'm not telling you to do anything but if you really want to argue that Linux is better than Vista then you will have to know why.

So, tell me, why is Linux better than Vista as a system for a home user?

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, except that you can't really judge the underlying quality of a system by the way it looks (if you could then a kit car could be as good as an F50 for one tenth of the price).

Linux and Vista are fundamentally different, much more so than you might think just fooling around with DE's and WM's and the various eye candy of each.

I'm not telling you to do anything but if you really want to argue that Linux is better than Vista then you will have to know why.

So, tell me, why is Linux better than Vista as a system for a home user?

Dude... seriously... relax with the vista vs. linux already.... I never even mentioned that, .... anywhere..... This thread was started in jest, on the funny chat me and a buddy was having. It had absolutely nothing to do with which is better than the other.

I told him about this cool dock I installed, he wanted to see it, I directed him to a video on Youtube, and he started having fun with me... Like friends do....

Everyone has their freedom of choice, on what do do with their operating system, right? So by installing some cool eye-candy, I'm merely exercising my own choice, and it has nothing to do with showing someone else which is better. Everyone has their own opinion on what is better than something else, and I usually leave it at that, and don't try to convince anyone otherwise.

Though I will thank you for contributing your thoughts on the subject, be that in an off-topic manner.

Ta

WW

manmower
February 8th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Impressive how you can still type (albeit poorly) while rolling on the floor every other sentence.

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Rofl !! ^_^

Adamant1988
February 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Dude... seriously... relax with the vista vs. linux already.... I never even mentioned that, .... anywhere..... This thread was started in jest, on the funny chat me and a buddy was having. It had absolutely nothing to do with which is better than the other.

I told him about this cool dock I installed, he wanted to see it, I directed him to a video on Youtube, and he started having fun with me... Like friends do....

Everyone has their freedom of choice, on what do do with their operating system, right? So by installing some cool eye-candy, I'm merely exercising my own choice, and it has nothing to do with showing someone else which is better. Everyone has their own opinion on what is better than something else, and I usually leave it at that, and don't try to convince anyone otherwise.

Though I will thank you for contributing your thoughts on the subject, be that in an off-topic manner.

Ta

WW
You quoted your friend (assumed windows user) saying that linux users like being innefficient because we like eye-candy. You asked for this.

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 01:15 PM
The point of the thread was that my friend was joking around, and it was funny. So thinking it was funny, I posted it here, thinking that others might enjoy the humor.

The thread was not to be taken as serious as this, we were just messing around.

It is exactly THIS zealous behavior that scares potential users away from Linux.

Cheers, and have fun.

WinterWeaver
February 8th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Ok, so I re-read my original post, and realized where I generated the wrong impression.....

The very first line

that SHOULD have read:

hehehe... this conversation haas been going for a while now.. rofl.. look at his humerous view on Linux userss :P

he was just fooling around, as was I, and so I apologize if I created the wrong impression with this thread.

sooo... have a happy day everyone!! ^_^

WW