PDA

View Full Version : Why was..... closed

OffHand
February 7th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Why was the my welfare rant in the backyard closed without an explanation?
And what was the reason for closing it other than a few people, that only post in the backyard, acted like asses?

John.Michael.Kane
February 7th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I closed it.

Bottomline what was a simple debate is turning into hash match,and there where attacks being dished out for no reason.

From here out I will let you,and an Admin work out if it should be reopen.

OffHand
February 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I closed it.

Bottomline what was a simple debate is turning into hash match,and there where attacks being dished out for no reason.

From here out I will let you,and an Admin work out if it should be reopen.

Well, as far as I could tell there was only one participant who continuously tried to stir up the conversation and was making personal attacks. It's like calling back all Volvo cars if only a certain type is broken. Bit extreme. So I would like to hear the Admin's point of view.

I think that, if you close a thread, you should leave a message why you closed it.
That is only fair :)

matthew
February 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I think that, if you close a thread, you should leave a message why you closed it.
That is only fair :)I think that's a valid comment. I'm going to post a note in the thread and will reopen it shortly.

OffHand
February 7th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I think that's a valid comment. I'm going to post a note in the thread and will reopen it shortly.

Thank you Matthew. Appreciated :)

Technoviking
February 7th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I have quickly read though this thread. It looks like it was becoming a shouting match pretty quickly. I'm willing to re-open the thread, all people feel all parties have had a chance to cool down about the thread.

OffHand
February 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I must admit I was a bit heated myself too. Thanks for giving it a chance again.