PDA

View Full Version : What Beryl Splash Screen do you use?

RAV TUX
February 7th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I use this one...

RAV TUX
February 7th, 2007, 06:59 AM
just switched to this one

darweth
February 7th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Where can I find that second one, mate?

Hey... repos updates ended the Beryl splash screen from automatically popping up upon logging into Gnome. Is it just a matter of clicking the Splash box in preferences to get it to start up again? I know this sounds like a dumb question to ask, but I don't know if that is only to use a hotkey to randomly splash and blah blah.

slimdog360
February 7th, 2007, 08:18 AM
after the last beryl update I dont get a screen anymore, but it seems to load up quicker as if it was built into X itself.

awakatanka
February 7th, 2007, 09:28 AM
none,because i think its nasty to have splash screens for every app i use.

chavo
February 7th, 2007, 09:37 AM
None. Splash screens are the devil.

mcduck
February 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM
no splash here :D

RAV TUX
February 7th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Where can I find that second one, mate?

Hey... repos updates ended the Beryl splash screen from automatically popping up upon logging into Gnome. Is it just a matter of clicking the Splash box in preferences to get it to start up again? I know this sounds like a dumb question to ask, but I don't know if that is only to use a hotkey to randomly splash and blah blah.
background
http://ubuntuforums.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4326/ppuser/108020

logo
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=52527

If enabled, Splash will activate whenever Beryl is started. Alternatively, it can be manually activated by using its Initiate keyboard shortcut (originally Super+F11).http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Splash

RAV TUX
February 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM
none,because i think its nasty to have splash screens for every app i use.
I only use a splash screen for Beryl.....

_simon_
February 7th, 2007, 06:45 PM
none, don't see the point. I know I'm using Beryl, I don't need reminding each time I start up.

RAV TUX
February 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
none, don't see the point. I know I'm using Beryl, I don't need reminding each time I start up.
It's all part of the Bling, if I didn't want Bling I wouldn't use beryl

Brunellus
February 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM
are there any old-fashioned green phosphorous vidterm themes for Beryl?

Spr0k3t
February 7th, 2007, 07:42 PM
No splash screenies here. If I have the option, I disable all of them I can find. To me, a splash screen just makes it seem like its taking longer to load. Last time I checked though, there is no difference from using the splash and not using the splash on my system... so it's all down to a matter of taste. If I want a splash screen with the components installed/enabled, I'll design my own to load prior to beryl.

happy-and-lost
February 7th, 2007, 08:44 PM
None. My card is low spec, I disable every non-essential (is any aspect of Beryl essential?!) plugin, just to make it a bit faster and more stable.

FuturePilot
February 7th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I love the splash screen for Beryl. It's the only splash that moves like it's liquid:)

RAV TUX
February 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM
No splash screenies here. If I have the option, I disable all of them I can find. To me, a splash screen just makes it seem like its taking longer to load. Last time I checked though, there is no difference from using the splash and not using the splash on my system... so it's all down to a matter of taste. If I want a splash screen with the components installed/enabled, I'll design my own to load prior to beryl.

good point, I actually started to design my own splash screen....does anybody know the exact size needed for a Beryl Splash? seems like 500x300 px?

I love the splash screen for Beryl. It's the only splash that moves like it's liquid:)

exactly!

xpod
February 8th, 2007, 01:03 AM

Odd size at 517 x 300 this one i have at the moment.
Got to have the splash though:)

I like seeing the new one every couple of months after each new upgrade
It`s that first sign that all went well:popcorn:

roger99
February 8th, 2007, 01:23 AM
None. Splash screens are the devil.

+1

I like my software to blend into the environment like it should naturally be there, splash screens just destroy the illusion that its all part of the desktop.

FuturePilot
February 8th, 2007, 05:47 AM

Odd size at 517 x 300 this one i have at the moment.
Got to have the splash though:)

I like seeing the new one every couple of months after each new upgrade
It`s that first sign that all went well:popcorn:

I love that one:)

RAV TUX
February 8th, 2007, 06:45 AM
I love that one:)
just changed mine to that one

it gets the RAV TUX 5 popcorn approval rating!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

PrinceArithon
February 8th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I have the same splash as Rav Tux.

I love that one, it kinda changed naturally to that one, after an update one day. I really liked it so I left it that way.

RAV TUX
February 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I have the same splash as Rav Tux.

I love that one, it kinda changed naturally to that one, after an update one day. I really liked it so I left it that way.

It is very nice....but Honestly I hardly ever see my Splash screen since

1. my computer is usually always on
2. Beryl is always on