PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu gave me features Dell didn't!

Crashmaxx
February 5th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop that I use as my primary computer more often then not. When I got it I was disappointed that it didn't have a scroll section on the touch pad, cause I saw others with it and always thought it was a nice feature.

Low and behold, I had my finger over to the right of the touch pad and just realized that Ubuntu is setup to make that part of it a scroll section, regardless of the brand or default configuration. So now I can scroll fast without a mouse!

I just wish I had realized sooner. This will make browsing sooo mush easier. And I didn't need some POS extra app in my task bar to do it, like XP surely would have needed.

Thought I'd share my little moment of joy.:lolflag:

drfalkor
February 5th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Eyh, I've just noticed because of you - thanks :KS

FuturePilot
February 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Whoa, I had no clue about this! Thanks:KS

mips
February 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop that I use as my primary computer more often then not. When I got it I was disappointed that it didn't have a scroll section on the touch pad, cause I saw others with it and always thought it was a nice feature.

Low and behold, I had my finger over to the right of the touch pad and just realized that Ubuntu is setup to make that part of it a scroll section, regardless of the brand or default configuration. So now I can scroll fast without a mouse!

I just wish I had realized sooner. This will make browsing sooo mush easier. And I didn't need some POS extra app in my task bar to do it, like XP surely would have needed.

Thought I'd share my little moment of joy.:lolflag:

I don't know whether dell uses Synaptics touch pads but I'm gonna assume they do. If you download the drivers from the Synaptics site this would probably work under windows.

It's not so much a Dell issue as a Windows one.