PDA

View Full Version : Another Way - IT allegory

Jenda
May 18th, 2005, 11:26 PM
This isn't exactly Ubuntu, and not necessarily Linux, but definitely it is Free.
I wrote an allegory on the IT world, referring to Freedom as Wings and Confinement (MS) as Walking.
I'd be happy to hear form you, who read it, about your thoughts on the paralell and what you think about the story. I will try to implement new ideas.
Thanks in advance.

PS I wanted to upload it in .odt, but unfoncho, the forum doesn't SUPPORT OPEN FORMATS!!! So .txt will have to do...

Jenda
May 20th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Oh come on! No one interested?
This has been unexpectedly turned into a monologue...

N'Jal
May 20th, 2005, 10:13 PM
I liked that, it's very good. Almost like a biblical parible. You a teacher by chance? I think so far i know how to hover. Though it seem's lately that i seem to be able to perhaps ride the currants. Not fly on my own yet, but as long as i follow what's there. Im getting there.

I downloaded it, It's really very good.

Jenda
May 20th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks..... I myself am a very green flyer as well. A few flutters with Live CDs, and a dual boot back at home (far away in distance, fortunately much closer in time - 36 days...), so that's more like a faint memory, or a dream of flying in the past...
And no, I'm not a teacher... I'm a highschool student. I was hoping that I'd get enough feedback, or even a better remake (because my writing is prolly not the best there is) that could help sway the masses and entertain those who need not to be swayed.

poofyhairguy
May 21st, 2005, 01:59 AM
I like. neat stuff.