PDA

View Full Version : Book Idea

oddabe19
May 18th, 2005, 10:53 PM
So, I was sitting in bed watching tv, and I got a brilliant idea... well... not BRILLIANT (then again, any Idea is brilliant coming from me).

Anyway,

O'Reily puts out a number of books known as 'Hack' books i.e. Knoppix Hacks (by my good friend at Ars Technica "GreenFly"), Linux Desktop Hacks, etc....

I was wondering if a few of us in the community would like to put together a 'Ubuntu Hacks' book and submit it for publishing.

Just an idea, seeing if there is actually interest for it.

WildTangent
May 18th, 2005, 11:15 PM
So, I was sitting in bed watching tv, and I got a brilliant idea... well... not BRILLIANT (then again, any Idea is brilliant coming from me).

Anyway,

O'Reily puts out a number of books known as 'Hack' books i.e. Knoppix Hacks (by my good friend at Ars Technica "GreenFly"), Linux Desktop Hacks, etc....

I was wondering if a few of us in the community would like to put together a 'Ubuntu Hacks' book and submit it for publishing.

Just an idea, seeing if there is actually interest for it.
what do you mean by hacks? just cool/interesting things you can do/exploit?

-Wild

cdhotfire
May 18th, 2005, 11:17 PM
i think he means hacks so we can hack bill gates.:roll:
jk

oddabe19
May 19th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Hacks as in.... Tips. say maybe 50 of them, ranging from easy (i.e. changing wallpaper) to hard (i.e. recompile kernel) or so.

oddabe19
May 19th, 2005, 09:08 PM
bump... to make sure there's no interest.

fng
May 19th, 2005, 09:11 PM
maybe mail and ask the auther of 'knoppix hacks' if he can do an ubuntu version.