PDA

View Full Version : What mobile phone(s) do you own?

Pages : [1] 2

raul_
February 5th, 2007, 07:59 AM
This is a RAV TUX style post :mrgreen: (notice the thread icon?)

So what mobile phone do you have? If more than one, do you use both? Just for show off or to use with different networks?

I started the thread but I really don't have one os those phones that even serve coffee. I own a Sony Ericsson k750i and I'm really happy with it. I also own a Nokia N-gage, a phone that i find REALLY underrated. You could really mess with it's guts. And it was really cheap back then too. But the whole "elephant ear" was really unfair. I still keep it, and i use it for another network, and it's still cool to play Tony Hawk :)

closetpirate
February 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I use the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet. I too believe it is an extremely underated device besides the low system specs. voip is great and seems very reliable
I LOVE IT!

the.dark.lord
February 5th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I personally do not have a cell phone, I don't think I ever will. I like to be away from technology atleast for sometime.

~LoKe
February 5th, 2007, 08:24 AM
No cellphone. Yet.

luca.b
February 5th, 2007, 08:26 AM
LG 340i. I wouldn't have bought it however, but it was a present.

Gerard Barberi
February 5th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Sony ericsson something... I don't remember what model

Sheinar
February 5th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I have a Nokia 7370. Really nice phone. The battery is absolutely worthless though.

Quillz
February 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM
The phone that I currently use is an unlocked, unbranded Sony Ericsson W810. Before that, I briefly used the SE W900, and for a couple years before that was my first cell phone, the Nokia 3120.

OrangeCrate
February 5th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Motorola Razr v3c.

kevinf311
February 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Audiovox XV6600 PocketPC 400MHz Intel PX something or other. 128MB RAM, 32MB internal flash.

I could have gotten the 6700 that came out, but the 6600 has a bigger screen and a better slide mechanism.

I got this phone when both my old PDA and my old cell phone became unreliable. I like it OK I suppose. I put a lot of 3rd part software on it and it ended up losing all my contacts (luckily the battery on my old phone was still good) last Thanksgiving. It's big, but it's less volume than a cell phone and a PDA.

mostwanted
February 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Old phones: Nokia 3310, Nokia 3510i

Current: Samsung SGH-D500

megamania
February 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Sony Ericsson W810i Walkman.

I particularly appreciate the battery, which lasts long enough for my needs.

RAV TUX
February 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM
me: Motorola L2

http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en/US/htdocs/productMgr/images/phone_L2_cingular.gif

wife: MOTOSLVR L7(in Black)

http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en/US/htdocs/productMgr/images/phone_SLVR_gen.gif

angkor
February 5th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I have an old nokia 8800 somewhere, but my current cellphone is a Motorola A780 (http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS5382692917.html)

linbetwin
February 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Sony Ericsson W810. Bought it from Orange and unbranded it yesterday.

emarkay
February 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Don't need one, never will.

If it's important they'll leave a message (surprisingly a bunch don't/won't), and if it's REALLY important, they know how to find me through immediate friends and family!

But I just LOVE to "intently listen in" to those "yakkers" to not intelligent enough to talk quietly or to leave the room... [insert evil grin here]! Geez, whatever happened to common courtesy (and common sense)?

neilp85
February 5th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Samsung SGH-P107

FuturePilot
February 5th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I have a Sony Ericsson W300i. The great thing is that I can plug it into Ubuntu and put my songs on it.:KS

acascianelli
February 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Motorola RAZR V3 and V551

ComplexNumber
February 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
i have a linux-based moto.

The great thing is that I can plug it into Ubuntu and put my songs on it.if a phone has expandable memory, everyone can. people jsut plug the USB in to their phone and the removable drive(ie the memory card) is then mounted.

Pikestaff
February 5th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I have a very basic and cheap LG AX4270. It works well for me. I rarely ever turn it on unless I intend to call someone or am expecting a call, anyway =P

saxin
February 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I use Sony Ericsson k610i mobilephone :)

jethro10
February 5th, 2007, 05:24 PM
HTC 620 smartphone (windows! sorry)

megamania
February 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM

if a phone has expandable memory, everyone can. people jsut plug the USB in to their phone and the removable drive(ie the memory card) is then mounted.
Yes, but the SonyEricsson walkman series allows you to access the internal memory as well. When I connect my W810i to the computer, Ubuntu mounts two drives - one for the internal memory, the other one for the memory stick.

That's pretty convenient!

FuturePilot
February 5th, 2007, 06:59 PM

if a phone has expandable memory, everyone can. people jsut plug the USB in to their phone and the removable drive(ie the memory card) is then mounted.
I know, it's just funny that there was no mention of Linux in the system requirements:razz:

ComplexNumber
February 5th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, but the SonyEricsson walkman series allows you to access the internal memory as well. When I connect my W810i to the computer, Ubuntu mounts two drives - one for the internal memory, the other one for the memory stick.

how do you get the internal memory to show up? do you use another application to do so, or is a sony ercisson thing?

FuturePilot
February 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
2 icons should just show up on the desktop. That's how it is for me anyways. No extra apps. Maybe other phones work differently.

happy-and-lost
February 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Sony Ericsson w810i

Black and orange are somehow very good together

Sunflower1970
February 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I don't own one...Someday, maybe, but not now. It'd have to be a multi-purpose phone though. Internet, PDA. mp3 player, etc, etc. Hubby has one bought by his company for his use. It's a Samsung SGH-x497. If I did get one, the new Blackjack would be what I'd probably get.

ButtonMasher
February 5th, 2007, 08:03 PM
LG Fusic

I love the green face plate and with a 1GB MicroSD card (easily mounted in Ubuntu) it's replaced my old flash-based mp3 player.

ComplexNumber
February 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM
2 icons should just show up on the desktop. That's how it is for me anyways. No extra apps. Maybe other phones work differently.
ahhh nice one. :). i'll look into that.

mips
February 5th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Sony Erisson T630.

Next one will be a Samsung.

finferflu
February 5th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I use three, for 3 different networks, but usually I only switch on one:
Nokia 6070
Nokia 3510
Siemens C35

Nokia 6070 is great, even though I miss the bluetooth functionality...

dorcssa
February 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I have a Nokia 3510i, it's three years old, but I like it. I don't need from a mobile to have camera, or bluetooth, or kind of that extra features. Just to phone and write sms, that's all what I need. And the battery is still very good, so I won't change it in the neer future.:)

mips
February 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I have a Nokia 3510i, it's three years old, but I like it. I don't need from a mobile to have camera, or bluetooth, or kind of that extra features. Just to phone and write sms, that's all what I need.

I wish they would bring out more basic phones like that. Only need Calls, SMS, Calender, Calculator & Alarm. you can keep the rest of the bloat.

Hendrixski
February 5th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I can't wait for OpenMoko phones to come out!!!!! It will make Linux a driving force in the phone industry the way it is in the server industry.

Sepp1
February 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Sony Ericsom 830 i think. My workplace supplies it to me, so its really just something that happens without my involvement ;)

ComplexNumber
February 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Sony Erisson T630.

Next one will be a Samsung.
why a samsung? just curious. i'm surprised you've managed to put up with the t630 for so long.

btw i also prefer a phone for texting and phone on. the rest is just bloat. its worth pointing out that most modern phones are anything but reliable, and need to be on the market for 6 months or more before they become stable. many of them also tend to be rather slow to navigate through the menus.
however, it looks like the word is moving more and more towards mobile phones being more and more a convergent device.

mips
February 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
why a samsung? just curious. i'm surprised you've managed to put up with the t630 for so long.

Well I have used Motorola, Nokia, Siemens, Ericsson & Sony Ericsson phones so far. I have tried friends Samsung phones and the voice clarity on them is excellent compared to the above ones I have used.

The T630 is not bad in my book (also had a T610) and I got it for free, well not really as i signed 24month contract which is the default criminal contract length here.

The worse phone I had was the Motorola. The reception was up to shite, the interface was shite and it was very tempramental and other people I worked with had the same problems. I must say that I loved that little motorola though. Why ? It never worked and when i was on call-out for work they could never get hold of me when something went wrong. The situation was so bad that everybody was used to it and I could very easily switch my phone off and no one would know any better :) They would not give me a new phone either so I was very happy with that setup.

Zuuswa
February 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I have an LG. I'm not sure what model, but it really, really sucks. After 1 month the camera software hard-locks the phone, and I dropped it the other day and now theres a bad connection in the hinge. I have to put some extreme torque on the screen in order to even see anything ](*,)

Unfortunately, I am a poor college student so I cannot afford a new phone, and mine has reverted into a mobile landline.

ComplexNumber
February 5th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I have tried friends Samsung phones and the voice clarity on them is excellent compared to the above ones I have used.my last phone was a samsung. they are very good for build quality, stylishness(IMO), but they can be very lacking in their UI and are very difficult to hack. the voice clarity was also terrible, so it just goes to show.
they are not better for voice quality overall than the others. there is a huge range of variability with each model alone.
the most hackable of all are the motorolas. there are even many forums that exist that are devoted exclusively to hacking motos BTW hacking in the legal sense of the word). most samsungs don't even allow the user to have their own custom tones for sms, for example. there are ways of getting round it, but they can be difficult.

as for the t630, it was extremely slow, had reception issues, and only had 2MB of memory.

The worse phone I had was the Motorola. The reception was up to shite, the interface was shite and it was very tempramental and other people I worked with had the same problems. I must say that I loved that little motorola though. Why ? It never worked and when i was on call-out for work they could never get hold of me when something went wrong. The situation was so bad that everybody was used to it and I could very easily switch my phone off and no one would know any better :smile: They would not give me a new phone either so I was very happy with that setup.i must mention that motorolas are amongst the best for reception, overall. you must have had a dodgy model or a dodgy batch. you can set the reception by going to the main menu -> settings -> network -> network setup -> speed. they are set to medium by defulalt, but can be increased by selecting fast or continuous. this will mean that they will be continuously searching for the best/nearest tower. it does drain the battery slightly more quickly, though.
a lot of people don't like the motorola UI, but its the most customisable of all.
don't judge a phone by one instance alone. i read mobile phone forums a lot and i can see the various issues and strong/weak points of the various brands/models.

dorcssa
February 5th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I wish they would bring out more basic phones like that. Only need Calls, SMS, Calender, Calculator & Alarm. you can keep the rest of the bloat.Yeah, that's one of the reasons I don't want a new one. :D

I have an LG. I'm not sure what model, but it really, really sucks. After 1 month the camera software hard-locks the phone, and I dropped it the other day and now theres a bad connection in the hinge.

Well, that's the good thing about nokia. Once my classmate dropped down his' so it fell apart, put it back to normal, and the phone worked again. :D I can't count it how many times I dropped it, and I have no problem with it. :) My girlfriend once said, that a friend of hers tried out a nokia, hit it with a hammer...the screen was broken, but the phone worked. :mrgreen: Well, maybe the last one is not entirely true, but close. :D

mostwanted
February 5th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Don't need one, never will.

If it's important they'll leave a message (surprisingly a bunch don't/won't), and if it's REALLY important, they know how to find me through immediate friends and family!

But I just LOVE to "intently listen in" to those "yakkers" to not intelligent enough to talk quietly or to leave the room... [insert evil grin here]! Geez, whatever happened to common courtesy (and common sense)?

5 years ago there were still people like you in Europe :)

Nowadays, a mobile phone is a necessity and the notion that it's entirely possible to live without one has been defeated by the sheer convenience of always being in reach of the people you know.

Give it a couple of years and you'll have a mobile phone as well.

arvster
February 5th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I have SonyEricsson P900 for my everyday calls/sms/music/organizing myself/tasks/etc. As a backup for those cases where I know I will go to town and will not be in a condition after that to take care of me or my phone I have an quite old SE T300. It's been forgotten in snow for a whole night, been thrown on a street by accident uncountable amount of times and disintegrated to pieces on a pavement and still works perfectly. A perfect backup phone. As for P900- IMO it is a perfect phone for me and I don' t see a phone in next 3-5 years that could possibly offer me something that this phone doesn't right now. Of course bigger memory is only natural evolution, but I can live with 128Mb for my daily music needs. This phone stays with me until it is broken or so obsolete that it doesn't work on a cell network or something like that. Other that that no iPhone for me in a foreseeable future :)

---edit---
Just a comment on previous posts:
I find it quite surprising that there still are quite a few people without mobiles around here. Here I don't even have an ordinary stationary phone at our house, just because everybody has a mobile. I don't think I know people in my age without one.

mo_roodi
February 5th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I use a Nokia E61 - beautifully crafted smartphone. Chose it over a PocketPC one and I've never regretted the decision for one second.

Now if only I could sync it with Ubuntu over the USB cable (haven't got a bluetooth dongle for the PC!) and my working life will be complete!

emarkay
February 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM
5 years ago there were still people like you in Europe :)
Nowadays, a mobile phone is a necessity and the notion that it's entirely possible to live without one has been defeated by the sheer convenience of always being in reach of the people you know.
Give it a couple of years and you'll have a mobile phone as well.

Aw come on...
Maybe in Europe people don't have hardwired phones and answering machines? (!)

Unless you are a brain surgeon on call, a fireman, a dope dealer, a used car salesman, or have a self inflated ego (OOh, I must check with "my people" or OOh, what if "my people" want to adore me and I am not home or at work"...) or maybe, just maybe, for defenseless singles on a long dark highway in the middle of the night, or for those "latchkey" kids walking home from school all alone...

Seriously, if I do get one, it will only be if it ever becomes cheaper to own than the landline - and it will be turned off in public!

dorcssa
February 6th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Well, the tendency is, that some family take back their hardwired phone and use only mobile. It's more practical. It's like having a laptop..why do you need one, you can do computer stuff when you got home, don't you? Still, it's easier to have one pc, and you can do computer staff wherever you want. So, you can use your phone when you're not at home...very useful when you in an emergency, or other people want to reach you immadiately.

Our country has 10 million people, and 8 million mobile subscriptions(don't know the good expression, I hope you know what I mean), ok, some people have at least two mobile, but still, it tells something about the mobile attitude nowdays. You can't stuck in the past.

insane_alien
February 6th, 2007, 04:32 PM
i have a SGH-500, rarely used. maybe £10 worth of phonecalls and texts every 2 months.

well, if you bring the internet connection i can make through it (and frequently do when i'm doing some outdoor computing in the contryside) then the bills jump a bit.

MrHorus
February 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
T-Mobile MDA Vario - it might run Windows Mobile but it's the best thing since sliced bread IMO.

megamania
February 6th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Unless you are a brain surgeon on call, a fireman, a dope dealer, a used car salesman, or have a self inflated ego
[...]
Seriously, if I do get one, it will only be if it ever becomes cheaper to own than the landline - and it will be turned off in public!
You're mixing two different aspects, in my opinion:
1) who needs a cellphone?
Well, who needs electricity when you can use candles, who needs computers when you can use calculators (or pen and the paper), who needs cars when you have horses (that's what people really said when the cars came out!)...
So, who needs a cellphone? When it is so widely available, it's part of the "common" things that everyone has, and it's just convenient.
I have one (two actually, one of which for work), and I spend around 10 euros per month - but I wouldn't stay without it.

2) Education: people are either polite or impolite. Since a lot of people own a cellphone, you'll find that a percentage of them is impolite. Nothing more, nothing less, in my opinion.

sharperguy
February 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Err lol

I have a nec e228 (on the 3 network) with two low quality cameras built into it for some reason.

Anyway its an absolute brick so dont buy one, I myself was given it.

mayesj999
February 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Nokia E61 - meant to be a blackberry killer. Doesn't so much bury it as rip it's head off and spit down it's.. etc etc etc! Serious toys, not bad wifi imp, and cracking battery life.

pichalsi
February 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Nokia 3250 aka. total brick... But it was cheap for what it does atleast.

mips
February 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
i must mention that motorolas are amongst the best for reception, overall. you must have had a dodgy model or a dodgy batch.

Well the company purchased a couple of thousand of them and the general consensus was that they were absolute crap from all staff that had one.

ComplexNumber
February 6th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Well the company purchased a couple of thousand of them and the general consensus was that they were absolute crap from all staff that had one.
now that you mention that, it is more than likely the case that you have received a dodgy batch. i see it happening a lot. a person gets a phone from one retailer and its bad. they take it back, only to get another bad model. this goes on until the batch has been exhausted or there has been a recall. it can and does happen with ALL brands and ALL models.
i would therefore take that as bunk that there is an inherent problem with the actual phone. from what i've seen over the years, motorola are amongst the best for reception, overall. nokia are perhaps in 2nd place, but are getting worse as time goes by. then samsung, then sony ericsson. LG are plastic rubbish, and i wouldn't recommend them at all for anything.

Greyhair
February 6th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Nokia N73

mips
February 6th, 2007, 06:22 PM
now that you mention that, it is more than likely the case that you have received a dodgy batch.

It was the T191 model if it makes any difference or you happen to know of any problems with them. http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-t191-en.shtml

Any opinions on these phones:
http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.jsp?productStatus=c0080b8ac16c90100b8ac16c90 1005b3bc90____&vgnextoid=7421cdcd4ab2b010VgnVCM1000008206b00aRCRD&show=showallproduct&MHParam=c0080b8ac16c90100b8ac16c901005b3bc90____

I would look at motorola again if you say they are good.

The Razr, MotoKRZR, MotoRAZR, SLVR, MotoFONE appeal to me. Any opinions on them.

Would like to find site where I can compare them side by side.

miseljt
February 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Motorola Razr V3C

ComplexNumber
February 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
It was the T191 model if it makes any difference or you happen to know of any problems with them. http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-t191-en.shtml

Any opinions on these phones:
http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.jsp?productStatus=c0080b8ac16c90100b8ac16c90 1005b3bc90____&vgnextoid=7421cdcd4ab2b010VgnVCM1000008206b00aRCRD&show=showallproduct&MHParam=c0080b8ac16c90100b8ac16c901005b3bc90____

I would look at motorola again if you say they are good.

The Razr, MotoKRZR, MotoRAZR, SLVR, MotoFONE appeal to me. Any opinions on them.

Would like to find site where I can compare them side by side.
i personally like the KRZR, but i don't know if thats available in your neck of the woods. i think SA may be similar to america in that its about 5 years behind europe (and europe is about 3 years behind japan). i only go for clamshell phones.
the RAZR is old now, but it does have fantastic reception and call quality. its very basic, but is good as a stylish phone with no bells and whistles.
i find these website to be good for checking out phone features and comparisons at a glance:
http://www.gsmarena.com/ (occasionally gets its facts wrong, though)
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1007 (allows you to compare models side by side)

mips
February 6th, 2007, 07:09 PM
i personally like the KRZR, but i don't know if thats available in your neck of the woods. i think SA may be similar to america in that its about 5 years behind europe (and europe is about 3 years behind japan). i only go for clamshell phones.
the RAZR is old now, but it does have fantastic reception and call quality. its very basic, but is good as a stylish phone with no bells and whistles.
i find these website to be good for checking out phone features and comparisons at a glance:
http://www.gsmarena.com/ (occasionally gets its facts wrong, though)
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1007 (allows you to compare models side by side)

MotoKRZR is available here. The link I provide is for phones locally available. We are up to date with the european market our selection range is just smaller.

Thx, I'll have a look at those links.

doobit
February 6th, 2007, 07:15 PM
HP ipaq 6315 Love it!

rado_london
February 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I have old SPV (Windows mobile sux), Nokia 7260, Nokia N70 and SAMSUNG E900. I use the two nokias and the samsung. My old phones were Eriksson T28i, Nokia 3310, Nokia 6210 and Nokia 6310i. I think life in London, UK without mobile phone is impossible. Personal opinion though.

Gargamella
February 6th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Err lol

I have a nec e228 (on the 3 network) with two low quality cameras built into it for some reason.

me too ... looooooool

ComplexNumber
February 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Err lol

its not so much that the phone i bad as the network you're using it on is. the 3 network is THEE most restricted and rip off network of all, and the GSM signal is dire. the customer service may as well be non-existent. the only good aspect about the 3 network is that the 3G signal is ok.

newmo
February 6th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I have 3 Three phones - Motorola A925 which is a great Symbian phone/pda. I have a Motorola A835 which can only just make phone calls and send/receive texts. I have an NEC 808 which is safely stashed away and will only be used in some kind of nostalgia event in the year 2050 or something. There is a mate's Sony that is truly ancient - some idiot I know pressed the wrong buttons and locked everyone out of it and it wasn't worth the effort trying to crack it. This might have been binned at my last home move.

The A925 was the first thing I ever tried what could be called a hack - in fact it was a hack. I doubt I would be experimenting with Linux if 3 had not been pushing these out as bait. (I got it off ebay and use PAYG card)

The phone reset itself for some reason some time ago and I have only bothered restoring the email settings - I can't be bothered with their other "services" at all. But though the phone is unlocked I still like to use Three - it is cheap and reliable. On July 7 I had no problems making calls when most mobiles where jammed for whatever reason.

BrokeBody
February 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Nokia 1100

angkor
February 7th, 2007, 08:53 AM

It is. But it's not exclusively a SonyEricsson thing. Ubuntu does that to my Motorola as well.

angkor
February 7th, 2007, 08:54 AM

What model?

igknighted
February 7th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Razr V3c from verizon... the phone has been reliable, but I hate Verizon/cdma phones. Not only are the verizon style phones only good for verizon (almost every other carrier in the world uses GSM), but they are locked up in proprietary software tighter than Windows Vista. You can't even get a PC to recognize the phone without a $40 piece of software, and even then they cripple the phone's OS from being able to use user installed ringtones so they can sell you ringtones via "get it now". I'm sorry, I get really worked up when i think about this... if I didn't have another year on my contract I would switch (not that cingular is that much better, but its a step up). Wireless phone service blows.

Oh yeah, and on top of that the phone is wicked laggy, I have to wait up to 5-10 seconds for it to act after I push a button some times. I think this is just the verizon version, something to do with their crippling of the phone, because I got a non-branded replacement when I lost my original in a snowbank and the performance has improved... now that I think about it maybe I should try moto4lin again to see if I can access the files now...

mips
February 7th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Not only are the verizon style phones only good for verizon (almost every other carrier in the world uses GSM), but they are locked up in proprietary software tighter than Windows Vista.

Take it to someone that can replace the software/firmware for you to the latest standard version.

ComplexNumber
February 7th, 2007, 02:55 PM
What model?
e1070. most of the later motorolas are linux based. this includes their smartphones (eg E2, etc) and their non-smartphones (V3X, e1070, etc).

RandomJoe
February 7th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I'm almost another entry in the "don't have one" column.

I actually do NOT own a mobile phone. I have one that is provided by my employer, only because it's required to effectively do my job. And they provide about the cheapest POS they can find!

I get irritated paying Vonage $18/mo for my home phone. I just don't like talking to people on the phone. I would rather get an IM or email, but since my family aren't as into computers as I am...

The first cellular device I get would be a cellular broadband PCMCIA card for my laptop. Just got one of those (through Sprint) at work, and wow that's nice! Even keeps a connection while cruising down the highway. (No, I wasn't driving! :rolleyes: ) I'd be far likelier to use that than a mobile phone.

But the prices are too high for me to justify it. I have other things I'd rather blow my money on!

beercz
February 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I have a Motorola v550 (http://www.motorola.com/mot/image/9/9281_MotImage.jpg).

Koori23
February 8th, 2007, 12:48 AM
I have a Samsung AH-150. To be completely honest though.. I want my Motorola StarTac back. I loved that phone. My phone now is fine but.. The StarTac was so basic.. it was a phone.. that's it.

Choad
February 8th, 2007, 01:27 AM
samsung D900

jason10
March 23rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
nokia 6682.

best thing u can get in america. unfortunately linux cant handle its awesomeness. my phone and my ipod are the only things keeping me with windows = /

flapane
March 23rd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Nokia N90
I'm gonna change it for a N95 in some months

karellen
March 23rd, 2007, 11:44 PM
nokia 1101

Quillz
March 24th, 2007, 01:14 AM
nokia 6682.

best thing u can get in america. unfortunately linux cant handle its awesomeness. my phone and my ipod are the only things keeping me with windows = /
I would agree if Nokia made the best phones, which they don't. (Only their N series and smart phones are any good, in my opinion.)

mips
March 24th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I just got myself a Samsung SGH-X820 and I'm very happy with it. Not the greatest battery life but it is the slimmest phone available and suites me just fine.

raul_
March 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM
That's reallt cool. It's almost a credit card :D I've been seeing a lot of "24" now so i miss those "open-up" phones :(

natedawg
March 24th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I just got a Motorola MOTORIZR...seems like a good phone to me. Sound is good and it transfers files with Ubuntu just fine :).

Quillz
March 24th, 2007, 03:19 AM
I just got a Motorola MOTORIZR...seems like a good phone to me. Sound is good and it transfers files with Ubuntu just fine :).
Ugh... I'm not a huge Motorola fan... Is the RIZR the sliding version of the RAZR?

flapane
March 24th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I would agree if Nokia made the best phones, which they don't. (Only their N series and smart phones are any good, in my opinion.)

Consider that you don't get all the models from European market, as we don't get all the Motorola models...
Here the Nokia owness % is probably 70% 75% :lol:

cunawarit
March 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I'm due for an upgrade in a few months, currently I have a Nokia 6680. It runs Symbian and I am a complete fan of it!!!! Symbian is great!!!!

ComplexNumber
March 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Ugh... I'm not a huge Motorola fan... Is the RIZR the sliding version of the RAZR?
its a slider, but with a difference. it tries to incorporate the features of a clamshell(ie the near 30 degree angle between earpiece area and mouthpiece area) and a slider in one. there are quite a number of differences between the RAZR and the RIZR....notably, almost everything.

I'm due for an upgrade in a few months, currently I have a Nokia 6680. It runs Symbian and I am a complete fan of it!!!! Symbian is great!!!!
except that many symbian phones tend to be rather slow.

jakev383
March 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Treo 700w. EVDO data package so I get my emails every 20 minutes (when I turn auto-delivery). I even have a SSH client on it. Just wish it would sync with Ubuntu.....

cunawarit
March 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM
except that many symbian phones tend to be rather slow.

Battery life can be an issue, but I've never had any problem with speed. My phone, and the few other Symbian phones I have used are pretty quick! Much quicker than Nokias of old.

ComplexNumber
March 24th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Much quicker than Nokias of old.which "nokias of old" are you referring to? s60 and UIQ sits on top of symbian. and both of them are a lot slower than s40.
in general, symbian based phones tend to be quite slow. not all are, though.

MethodOne
March 25th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I have a LG PM-225 from Sprint. I don't call much, but I use it to look up some stuff on the Web. Wish there was a free (as in beer or speech) Java AIM client for it so I don't eat up my text messages with the Web-based one.

Lexam
April 29th, 2007, 01:36 AM
T-mobile Dash now if only I can get the it to tether to my laptop! :D

FoolsGold
April 29th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Nokia 3310.

Old as hell, and I've been meaning to get something newer with all the modern fancy crap, but damn if it isn't a reliable piece of hardware. :)

raul_
April 29th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Nokia 3310.

Old as hell, and I've been meaning to get something newer with all the modern fancy crap, but damn if it isn't a reliable piece of hardware. :)

Mine was ran over by a car and i answered it in the shower. Still works

Compucore
April 29th, 2007, 02:54 AM
I have an audiovox 8615. It is not a bad phone for what I use it for. Just the carrier doesn't carry what I really need to make it more usable through linux. I still have one of those original motorola phones that look like a white brick with side holster and the battery that you can swipe as well if that is old enough as well. Its not where the battery was in a bag.

compucore

Toontwnca
April 29th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Audiovox 8910 Virgin Mobile (pay as you go)
Will be a keeper.
Motorola V360 Rogers Wireless.
Not a keeper. Expensive, not enough coverage where I need it.

HoMe_CaNiBaL
April 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM
i cant sell/change my mobilephone

Nokia 6310i

http://www.nokia.pt/EUROPE_NOKIA_COM_3/Get_Support/Product_Support/Support_for_Phones/6310i/6310i_support.jpg

give me everything that i want. 1week battery life (on talking), bluetooth.

[[]]

-grubby
August 28th, 2007, 05:26 AM
motorola v170 bought it at Safeway for $30

Dark Star
August 28th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I own 4 phone :) HTC touch :) Sony Ericson K790, 750i and W580i :)

hessiess
August 28th, 2007, 08:46 AM
non, worst invention ever!

phyrewall
August 28th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Currently using:
- Blackberry 8700v (Vodaphone w/ Blackberry Enterprise Server)
- Motorola F3

In the junk drawer:
- Sony Erricson T43
- Siemens (something... damn forgot... 570?)
- Sidekick II

jgrabham
August 28th, 2007, 10:49 AM
My phone is a sony ericsson z530i, but I borrowed someones while I get mine fixed (a nokia 6630) and I love it so much! I might ask her if I can buy it!

vbmds
August 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Siemens SX1

Arwen
August 28th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I own a nokia N70,which I wish ubuntu will finally recognise and let me manage my photos and music in it(without wine plz :-P)

ComplexNumber
September 6th, 2007, 12:11 AM
I own a nokia N70,which I wish ubuntu will finally recognise and let me manage my photos and music in it(without wine plz :-P)
get yourself a memory card. then you can just plug the usb in and transfer to/from the phone and the PC.

Iceni
September 6th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Samsung D900 (Ultra edition 12.9)

ComplexNumber
September 6th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Samsung D900 (Ultra edition 12.9)
i've got an ultra range samsung now. the u600. mines better than yours apart from the camera :p. the camera is still very decent, though. very decent indeed.

how are you finding the d900?

Iceni
September 6th, 2007, 02:14 AM
i've got an ultra range samsung now. the u600. mines better than yours apart from the camera :p. the camera is still very decent, though. very decent indeed.

how are you finding the d900?

Well - the real strength of Samsungs are their screens and it is excellent. The camera is good, best I've had. The rest is average as usual :) I would honestly buy a sony instead if their screens werent so horrible:(

How's the u600? I was looking at it but probably won't change for another year. Is it good?

Narzuhl
September 6th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Nokia N75, Debranded and unlocked. now that that is done it is a great phone.

TrailerTrash
September 6th, 2007, 02:40 AM
I have a LG Fusic on the Sprint network. I wana get a smart/pocket pc phone but i HATE Windows mobile. If i could dump WM and use Linux on it then i would get one.

ComplexNumber
September 6th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Well - the real strength of Samsungs are their screens and it is excellent. The camera is good, best I've had. The rest is average as usual :) I would honestly buy a sony instead if their screens werent so horrible:(

How's the u600? I was looking at it but probably won't change for another year. Is it good?
sony ericssons are crap. honestly. they're amongst the most unreliable of all the top 5 brands. one wonders if the resignation of Miles Flint has anything to do with this, despite what he says. i mean, SE have been in the news a lot recently with the horrendous cracking keys problem, lying about the new k850i camera pics(they claimed on their website that various pics were an example of how good the camera is, but the EXIF data shows that one of the pics was taken by a sanyo camera and the other 3 suspiciously had incomplete EXIF data), and the fact that they're lagging behind the competition with few good solutions. their build quality is suspect (note the number of phones returned due to the joysticks failing or falling off, paint peeling off, low earpiece volume, and cracking keys on the w580/s500i, amongst other complaints) and their software is temperamental(this is why they have SEUS, because otherwise the service centres would be overrun with returns).
they're also lagging behind the competition now. they have the cybershot K range, but they can't compete with the nokia n95 and samsung g600 (note that the g800 is being released soon with even high spec). their walkman music phone W series is also lagging behind nokia, motorola, and samsungs in terms of quality.
honestly, the build on samsungs is a lot better than the SEs.

i like the u600, but the touch sensitive keys can be a pain sometimes. the display is also very dfficut to see in daylight. the screen on the u600 and d900 are different in that the u600 is more vivid indoors, whereas the d900 is easier to see outdoors.
there isn't really that much difference between them. the u600 has an updated UI, touch sensitive keys, a radio, different camera module, picsel viewer, and a few other differences.

Iceni
September 6th, 2007, 03:07 AM
I looked up that g800 and damn it looks cool. I'm gonna get one when it hits Norway.

Didn't know the Sony was so bad, another reason to not get one:)

ComplexNumber
September 6th, 2007, 03:14 AM
I looked up that g800 and damn it looks cool. I'm gonna get one when it hits Norway.

Didn't know the Sony was so bad, another reason to not get one:)
it's not out for a bit. it's got 5 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom. it also has VGA video recording with a possible 30fps.
and yeah, it does look good. very good :D. one thing i love about samsungs is their style. i think they're the most stylish of phones.

and yeah, i avoid the sony's. i don't trust them to last me for the duration of a 12 or 18 months contract.

LT1Caprice57L
September 6th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Lightly modified Verizon V3M. Supports uploading of files, has factory Motorola Pon/Poff animations, and no longer has that ugly orange/red background on the front screen.

karellen
September 6th, 2007, 07:59 AM
an old nokia 1101, the simplest of the simplest. it never failed me in 2 years

mech7
September 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Currently LG Chocolate, still got a bunch of older nokia's and siemens lying around though :)

blackhowling
September 6th, 2007, 08:24 AM
moto q, and pearl black bery

flapane
September 6th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I've just switched from nokia n90 to nokia e65

marco123
September 6th, 2007, 01:48 PM
RAZR V3i. Like the look of the new RAZR2 though so that might be my next phone. (Only like clamshells, and Motorola is the inventor/original, so I stick with them.)

Corbelius
September 6th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Nokia 6111

jkblacker
September 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Sony Ericsson P1i...there's something to be said for free upgrades on contract. I've gone from a very low end mobile (again sony ericsson, forget the model) to a really good pda, basically. :)

alex30002
September 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM
now i have a nokia 6280 and this month when i get paid , i m going to buy a nokia 7500 Prism. i like the style :lolflag:

rabi.fettig
September 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I currently have a BlackBerry Pearl, which has raised the bar for how awesome a phone can be. I suppose I don't really need to be able to send and receive e-mail, browse the web, or SSH into my home computer from my phone, but it's nice to know I can. Also VOIP is awesome for international calling.

Am I the only one here who's excited about the OpenMoko Neo1973? I can't wait until the general release version comes out.

bobbocanfly
September 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Motorola Razr (V3)

Alright phone. Couldnt be bothered spending an extra 30/40 quid on the V3i, might have been a good idea as the Space on the phone is insanely low, you cant delete all the built in songs/themes that all suck and the camera really is awful.

rahimveron
September 6th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I have been using Sony Ericcson T610 for last four years.

ComplexNumber
September 6th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Motorola Razr (V3)

Alright phone. Couldnt be bothered spending an extra 30/40 quid on the V3i, might have been a good idea as the Space on the phone is insanely low, you cant delete all the built in songs/themes that all suck and the camera really is awful.
i will show you how. i will send you a PM later.

kao
September 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM
I have SE k750i and going to use it until its natural death

ComplexNumber
September 6th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I have SE k750i and going to use it until its natural death
which may not be that long. watch out for the joystick breaking off. you may want to try this (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=911115&highlight=joystick).

OldboyJack
September 7th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Now I use Sony Ericsson K750i (which is my 11th or 12th cell phone) and I must admit that it is very good and useful phone. One of the best (if not the best) I owned.

Best regards

Oldboyjack

Raval
September 7th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I have an antique, it's a Nokia 6360 and it's TDMA (beat that for age)

I can't justify the switch because all I need is a phone that has a large address book and can be backed up to PC.

I have to use a Infrared dongle to connect to my PC

previously owned 2 Nokia 6360 and a Nokia 1260

Next phone may be a Motorola L6

bimmerd00d
September 7th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Sprint HTC PPC6700 modified to my liking. New radio update, somewhat hacked up OS. It's slimmed down a bit just the way i want it :)

iPower
September 7th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Ericsson GH688

argie
September 7th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Nokia 1100. When I buy another phone it will be a 1108. I could get a bigger phone with more features, but a phone's a phone, to call and to send text messages is all I want to do.

starcraft.man
September 7th, 2007, 08:17 PM
My cell's a dinosaur.....

Motorolla T720 :)

Wesseli
September 7th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I have Nokia 3230. Gets the job done, 1,3mpix camera for random photos and bluetooth for file transfers.

reyfer
September 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Motorola Motorizr Z3

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6458/116651694014103da9.jpg

Hortinstein
September 7th, 2007, 10:22 PM
right now a razor and an old nokia.....working on getting an openmoko though

node42
September 8th, 2007, 12:00 AM
iPhone. 8G. Absolutely love it. Hate paying for it though :(

nebi
September 8th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I have Nokia 6110 Navigator

http://www.areamobile.de/images/handies/nokia/6110_Navigator/200702131047Nokia_6110_Duo.jpg

love the GPS function <3

victor9098
September 8th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Nokia 5140

It is determined not to work with Ubuntu. Even bought a new USB cable but still not a word has been spoken between them! Reckon the Nokia is just shy.

Here is a thought, how about a table (bit like in the community docs for other hardware) that lists Mobiles/PDAs/Smart Phones and to what degree they work with Ubuntu out of the box.

Lets face it. If a company produces a mobile that just works with Ubuntu we will more or likely get it or put it on a wish list, if they can sell it they will make it!

Maybe this thread should be: What is the perfect 'uPhone'??? :)

evildarknight
September 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
i have an imate spl (perhaps one day it will run linux)
and an audiovox ppc 4100

PmDematagoda
September 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM
A Sony Ericsson T105. It's about 5 years old. I've dropped it 5 or 6 times(Many of those in attempts to break it, but failed in all counts as it still works well :( ). I got it as a hand-me-down from my mom who now has a Nokia 6600 and a K510i.

I don't love my phone and would love to get a W850i or better, but I guess I got some kind of a connection to the phone(very weird, I know), probably from the fact I'm so used to it.:):confused::)

Better put the quote of:- "Old is Gold but New is Platinum" to summarise my post.

derekr44
September 13th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Motorola Razr v3

davtaine
September 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM
old Nokia 6101

derjames
September 13th, 2007, 03:10 PM
old Sony Ericsson k300i

devilmyarse
September 13th, 2007, 09:07 PM
N95 for the Symbian OS. I love the fact you can alter the menus to be exactly how you want them to be. (and get rid of the chaff you don't use into a seperate folder deep within the menu system so i never have to see it!)

Anybody know if Nokia are planning on using Linux on more than just their internet tablet series? I'd love a Nokia with Linux!

adl80l
September 13th, 2007, 09:22 PM
http://x.msmobiles.com/portal/images/t-mobile/mda-iv.jpg

htc-wizard - its one of my all time favorite gadgets.

JESSU
September 14th, 2007, 12:16 AM
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9875/hotgiftsthreemf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Nessa
September 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Sony Ericsson w810i

Syke
September 14th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Nokia N95 for the camera and Quake.
FIC Neo1973 (OpenMoko) for the rest of the time.

markp1989
September 15th, 2007, 05:11 PM
motorola l7 and l6

i had the l6 but it stoped working, nd was given an l7, then i fixed the l6

i use the l7 normaly, and i use the l6 for orange wednesdays

ComplexNumber
September 15th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Anybody know if Nokia are planning on using Linux on more than just their internet tablet series? I'd love a Nokia with Linux!
doubtful....at least for the foreseeable future. they're the largest stakeholder in symbian by far. nokia are big open source advocates and contributors, though. at this present time, there are no known rumours of nokia planning to release a linux smartphone.

g2g591
September 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
a $20 tracfone, it has texting and good battery life

diesel1
September 15th, 2007, 07:41 PM
None.

Diesel1.

eligos
September 17th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Sony Ericsson w200, a nice tiny phone

Lexam
September 17th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Have a T-mobile Dash, used to have a blue rizr that I won, but sold it. Wife has a Nokia 5300.

matchstich
September 17th, 2007, 04:50 AM
nokia 6030, came with the contract--have all extra features disabled.

https://www.nokia.com/batteryreplacement/en/

there is a recall on the battery type used in the 6030.

they sending me a new one.

FerJon
October 19th, 2007, 03:40 PM
My cellphone is Moto V3MAXX...

By the way guys, do you where can I get a tool for my cellphone much like motorola phone tools in windows...

Thanks...

Almighty
October 19th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I am a proud owner of a 8GB iPhone. Hands down the best phone I have ever had even with a host of short comings.

I3ullit
October 19th, 2007, 05:37 PM
SE W880i in use atm, a great phone and mp3 player.
but the buttons are nothing for big thumbs...

lzfy
October 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I'm getting a Nokia n95 tomorrow :)

bigbrovar
October 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
w950i very uninspiring

Hortinstein
October 19th, 2007, 07:50 PM
if anyone has an openmoko and has messed around with programming for it, i would love to talk to you on AIM or ask a few questions for an article on my website (linked in sig)

EricJD
October 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I have a UTStarcom Slice with Virgin Mobile

BOZG
October 19th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Samsung SGH-400i

angkor
October 19th, 2007, 08:47 PM
In about a week or four a Nokia E51. ;)

Own a motorola a780 and an older nokia 8800 now.

bashveank
October 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Palm Treo 755p, had the choice between that and a laptop, went with the Treo because laptops don't fit in my pocket.

BlkPhoenix
October 20th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I use a Nokia N95. I too believe that there should be greater support for syncing phones in PIMs like KOffice or Evolution. But that's just my two cents.

corney91
October 20th, 2007, 10:32 PM
O2 Ice - I've just realised I haven't tested it with Linux...yet.

brokenstrides
October 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
RAZR V3t (basically, V3i for t-mobile)
It's ok, but I am getting fed up with it. MyFaves takes forever to load when I turn it on (which isn't too bad because I hardly ever re-boot my phone) and the phone itself is very thin, but also very WIDE. When I wear jeans, there's a very obvious rectangle shape on my hip...

and the mp3 thing is cool, i can use any mp3 for a ringtone (something that a lot of phones wont let you easily do, even with expandable memory) but... It has a media player, but no support for bluetooth stereo headsets, so I am stuck using wired headset and the sound quality is poop.

Footissimo
October 20th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I use a Nokia N95. I too believe that there should be greater support for syncing phones in PIMs like KOffice or Evolution. But that's just my two cents.

I own a N95 and have been syncing it with evolution for a while..previous to that I used to do it with its predecessor, the N80. Can be a bit of an **** to set up, but nothing too taxing - see here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=260676&page=4) to get started.

Obviously it would be nice if Nokia ported PC Suite, but when I very politely asked them (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=500640), they said no. Shame!

cygnis1
October 21st, 2007, 12:07 AM
Razrv3xx. Just got it this week. It was $30 at Walmart. Couldn't beat the price.

snsoneee
November 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM
personally i have:
Nokia N80
Nokia N-Gage (classic)
Nokia 8310
Nokia 8810i
and Sony CMD J7 :D

Johnsie
November 12th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I have a 3 Skype Phone, just relased here last week. It allows people to call me from a PC for free and to call PC's for free. I slso have a Samsung U600, an O2 Ice, a six year old Nokia 8310 that still works great, a Philips c12 that wont work anymore 'cos its 1G and a Motorola v220 that sucks. I write software for phones and kinda collect them lol.
My favourite one is the O2 ice but it's not too Linux friendly. The Samsung and Skype phone are about as linux friendly as you will get. The Three Skypepohne is still a little buggy because it's the first release of the firmware but it looks promising and voip over mobile phones is great.... even if it's ugly closed source skype.

Zlatan
November 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Well, the tendency is, that some family take back their hardwired phone and use only mobile. It's more practical. It's like having a laptop..why do you need one, you can do computer stuff when you got home, don't you? Still, it's easier to have one pc, and you can do computer staff wherever you want. So, you can use your phone when you're not at home...very useful when you in an emergency, or other people want to reach you immadiately.

Our country has 10 million people, and 8 million mobile subscriptions(don't know the good expression, I hope you know what I mean), ok, some people have at least two mobile, but still, it tells something about the mobile attitude nowdays. You can't stuck in the past.

we have 3mln people and 5mln "subscriptions"
so 10 to 8 is not so bad:)

pmgr33r
December 14th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Motorola e815 great phone

Random20230808
December 23rd, 2007, 01:59 AM
Motorola MPx200 - Windows Smartphone 2002 O.S.
I've been waiting for the FIC Neo 1973 to be released.
http://www.openmoko.com/
After that I will be totaly out of Windows in my devices (I hope!!!).

adam.tropics
December 23rd, 2007, 02:50 AM
Motorola MPx200 - Windows Smartphone 2002 O.S.
I've been waiting for the FIC Neo 1973 to be released.
http://www.openmoko.com/
After that I will be totaly out of Windows in my devices (I hope!!!).

Nokia N80 at present. Keeping an eye on OpenMoko, but it's just not really there for me yet, especially at the kind of money they are looking to charge. Maybe if the project lasts, a couple more iterations down the line....hope so.

bufsabre666
December 23rd, 2007, 03:31 AM
samsung sch-u540, its very nice, basic, does mostly everything

just no linux support

but i have a card reader for the microsd and i dont use it as a modem so its fine

executor
December 23rd, 2007, 03:33 AM
crapy sony ericsson 700i

hhhhhx
December 23rd, 2007, 05:14 AM
iphone, never did get it working through wine:(

vishzilla
December 23rd, 2007, 05:32 AM
Sony Ericsson W700i

weaver73
January 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Sony Ericsson w660i Red

ShadowVlican
January 15th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Qtek S200 (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Prophet)

read many threads about getting it to work with Ubuntu with not much success

Kingsley
January 15th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Nokia 6133

dawpro
January 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Sony Ericsson K850i Debranded

Tux.Ice
January 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
HTC Touch 93050, LG 120, Samsung somethin-or-other

nat6138
January 17th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I don't plan on getting one.

billgoldberg
January 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I own just one cell phone.

Just a standard one with vga camera, voice recorder, mms, infrared and wap.

The samsung SGH-X520

http://files.mgsm.pl/shop/2/12/12610.jpg

Yes, in that color.

Since mobile phones aren't allowed to be attached to contracts here getting something with more "bling" isn't an option. When I was visiting france I noticed you got a phone for 20 euro that costs over 200 euro here. (!#$@&é!)

I use prepaid cards.

Elvish Legion
January 17th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Blackberry curve

Kinkybuu
January 17th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Razor=POS! mine seems to like crashing every 20 minutes and not sync up with any bluetooth headsets :-(

Seminoles
January 17th, 2008, 11:53 PM
T-mobile Wing

definition
January 17th, 2008, 11:56 PM
N95

That slim samsung slide phone.

w810i I think

k610i is it? Can't remember it's a 3g phone.

Couple of old nokia's

that really nasty c75 motorola thing.

Also have a few cheap motorolas.

stoodleysnow
January 18th, 2008, 12:00 AM
LG KE970 Shine

Love everything except proprietariness of OS, and no OGG support.:(
My next phone will have to be an Openmoko in a few years's time.

paintba||er
January 18th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Ugh...I don't have one yet. :/ I'll be getting an iPhone soon though. I can't resist an Apple product for long.

iPower
January 18th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Motorola C380
Ericsson GH688
Nokia 3210
Motorola C200

stoodleysnow
January 18th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Ugh...I don't have one yet. :/ I'll be getting an iPhone soon though. I can't resist an Apple product for long.

Warning! Apple alert!
Call in security :lolflag:

zipperback
January 18th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Sanyo SCP-3200

- zipperback
:popcorn:

SolusNunquam
January 18th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Motorola Q

iPower
January 18th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Warning! Apple alert!
Call in security :lolflag:

Get The Strait-Jacket Ejecting Bazooka ? :)

paintba||er
January 19th, 2008, 12:39 AM
LOL Somehow I get the impression that my kind isn't welcomed here...

gletob
January 19th, 2008, 03:54 AM
I love my new LG voyager from verizon

iPower
January 19th, 2008, 12:27 PM
LOL Somehow I get the impression that my kind isn't welcomed here...

i have a mac ^_^

el_ricardo
January 19th, 2008, 03:20 PM
a sony ericsson p990i, got it because it does just about anything you can think of, and it's symbian based, but tbh, its a massive dissapointment, gets very sluggish when my sms inbox is getting full for example, sometimes takes a long time to load menus, and about a minute boot time!!!!

the other reason i got it is because its the phone that someone supposedly got ubuntu running on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyVJgw-H5l8), theres a lot of people saying its fake, but apparantly it should be possible with a ROM chip of some sort

Random20230808
January 29th, 2008, 12:37 AM
A brand new Motorola A1200e, using Linux 2.4 kernel. Still waiting for Openmoko FIC Neo 1973, now known as Freerunner.

hhhhhx
January 29th, 2008, 12:55 AM
iphone :)

zenrox
March 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM
sony ericsson w200a walkman series
love the flash capibality:guitar:

cerpin
March 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Right now Im using a Samsung Blackjack, it's alright. dont know if i like the windows mobile on it. I WANT LINUX ON MY PHONE :D i dont know if its possible though.

I the past i had a Nokia 6600, it was a really big fat phone, one of the first to actually have a keyboard type face(i think xD). i dunno that phone was not that great, earpiece wasnt nearly loud enough and using it for more then ten minutes hurt my ear, bad design!! i still have it though, memories lol.

cerpin
March 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
iphone :)

I want to get me an iphone, what do you think? worth the three hundred bucks?

obdata
March 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Blackberry Curve, HP IPaq 6945w, 2 Samsung T409s, Samsung T619

solitaire
March 5th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I've got my old fafthfull N95 :D

and a Razor V3 as backup :D

Tristam Green
March 5th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Motorola SLVR L6

Backup: Sony Ericsson z520a

OrangeCrate
March 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Had a Razr for a long time, now I have this one from Verizon. I spend a lot of time outdoors...

http://www.casiogzone.com/type_s/default_black.html

~LoKe
March 5th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Blackberry 8130

popch
March 5th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Mine is a Motorola V180. It can place and receive calls as well as send and receive SMs. It even appears to have a game which I have not got the hang of. It is not heavy enough to be used as a paperweight and it does not walk the dog.

The other one is an Ericsson R380s, altough it looks as if it ought to be an Eric and not an Ericsson. It still works, can be used both as a phone and as a paperweight. I keep it because I do not like throwing stuff away which still works.

EnergySamus
March 6th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Got a Nokia 6010 from T-Moblie

Then a Samsung SGH-T219

I now have a Samsung Blast Slider:

EnergySamus

helliewm
March 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Blackberry Pearl 8100 and HP IPAQ Voice Messenger and Nokia N800 Internet Tablet.

Helen

adityakavoor
March 6th, 2008, 02:13 PM
nokia 1110

Bezmotivnik
March 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
None. I detest mobile phones -- or rather the usually inconsiderate people who use them inappropriately, rudely and/or dangerously around others.

The ringer on my landline phone's even turned off.

You want to call me, you have to leave a message on an answering machine I check once or twice a week. Maybe I'll get back to you. Maybe not.

This is serious opting-out of the rat race! ;)

toupeiro
March 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Blackberry 8830 World Phone.

Treo's still have less problems...

ravirdv
March 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Nokia E51 it rocks!! :)

efforts
March 7th, 2008, 01:50 AM
SE k800i. i like taking random pictures.

Trail
March 7th, 2008, 03:53 PM
motorola a1200, with linux.

I love just ls'ing and ps ax'ing around :) And, oh well, mplayer on my phone. Awesome.

CaptainCabinet
March 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I own a Motorola V3 Razr.
But I hardly ever use it as I simply don't need to. :)
I did used to use my various mobile phones to take random photos but I now have a digital camera so that's made my mobile pretty useless.

atoc
March 7th, 2008, 07:50 PM
SE w300i and RAZR V3xx.
The SE is sitting in my dresser because I'm a "moto modder" at heart and I love my Moto.
Most of my modding (on my V3xx or a family member's V3) is done without having to load up virtual Windows (firmware flashing is currently the exception. Everything else is done natively on Linux or with Wine).

fetisha
March 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I use a Sidekick III

infoseeker
March 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Sony Ericsson K800i

amitabhishek
March 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
motorola a1200, with linux.

I love just ls'ing and ps ax'ing around :) And, oh well, mplayer on my phone. Awesome.

Ditto here! Awesome phone. I wonder why Motorola was so obsessed with RAZR.

v3s
March 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm using HTC Universal (for me it's the best MDA that was ever build..) and HTC Wizard

vgrisham
April 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Moto Z9, which is also Linux based.

Anybody know if there is anyway to make it play ogg files?

amazingtaters
April 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I've got an LG CU500. It gets the job done. I'm about a year in with the thing, so in another year I'll be getting something new, probably some sort of Linux based phone (Maybe OpenMoko if they get their shyte together)

diablo75
April 13th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I use a Motorolla KRZR K1, and access the net when I'm away from home using my $20 per month T-Mobile Internet package and wvdial.

http://www.davestechsupport.com/blog/linuxmobile.jpg

Quillz
April 13th, 2008, 07:33 PM
None. I detest mobile phones -- or rather the usually inconsiderate people who use them inappropriately, rudely and/or dangerously around others.

The ringer on my landline phone's even turned off.

You want to call me, you have to leave a message on an answering machine I check once or twice a week. Maybe I'll get back to you. Maybe not.

This is serious opting-out of the rat race! ;)
That's cool, I thought I was the only "anti-phone" person on here. For some reason, I'd rather just e-mail someone something rather than talk to them on the phone. I hate when my phone rings, it usually only brings bad news or telemarketers.

I never answer my cell phone unless I know specifically who it is. Otherwise, everything else goes to voicemail (and you wouldn't believe how many wrong numbers I've gotten), and I use it to obviously call out.

wouldya
April 13th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I use sony ericsson w810i but just for listening to music. Unfortunately I dont have a phone card to be able to use this. For normal phone calls I use Nokia 1100. Its just a Nokia because it was with my phone card.

essexboyracer
April 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM
A Nokia mars bar style 6070, bought from tesco.com and swiftly unlocked. Does fine. Probably like a lot here, I tend not to use it. Its just there in case I break down in the car

visionaire
April 13th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I have a nokia 6300, rarely use it, but was an imposition from my work

i hate cell phones, and receiving calls anyway...

nelson2006
April 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I have a Nokia N95. Amazing phone =D>.

Foster Grant
April 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Phone that works as it's supposed to: Motorola i580 (Nextel). Very good phone, well-built. A bit on the bulky side, but that's true of most of Motorola's Nextel phones.

Phone that's buggered: Samsung T429 (T-Mobile). Doesn't like to be turned off; when I turn it off, it turns itself back on. When I try to run down the battery to the point that it shuts down, it promptly turns itself back on until the battery is truly drained. GSM doesn't seem to be as clear as Nextel iDEN, and that's true even when I'm right next to a T-Mobile tower.

Phone sitting in a drawer as a reserve: Motorola i455 (Nextel). In case I manage to dunk my working phone in salt water again. :lol:

linuxadore
April 25th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Motoming A1200e - happy owner. :-\"

ChevyDude
April 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
A Nokia 6070 here.
Have some trouble with the OK button while sms'ing and sometimes navigating through the menu, furthermore great phone.
*Not to mention that the camera is CRAP, but I very rarely use it*

Fedz
April 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I did have a Nokia 6233 on o2 UK but, o2 lack on a 3G portal so ditched them after 2 years of my contract.

I went back to 3 UK PAYG and bought a SkypePhone (http://www.3skypephone.com) - the 3 UK 3G portal is fantastic, the phone has a built-in modem for broadband access in a 3G area and dial-up in a non-3G area.

Good thing is I can Skype call anyone in the world from my mobile and they can Skype call me on my mobile all at no cost :D

Plus it has MicroSD extendable mem. :)

scouser73
May 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I have a Motorola Rizr Z3 but would really like a Blackberry Pearl.

clint1010
May 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Nokia 6110 navigator

very handy to have on holidays when you need directions

awesome phone, does everything I need, and more

Searching the forums here for info on syncing it via bluetooth to my laptop

:popcorn:

RebounD11
May 31st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Sony Ericsson v630i (that's a Vodafone branded version of the SE k618i). I unlocked it and right after that I could connect it to my computer through Bluetooth and USB cable. And my battery life doubled (not to mention the numerous other bugs that disappeared). I got the phone as a gift so I couldn't complain about it at first... but now it's my pride and joy :D

Fedz
May 31st, 2008, 03:55 PM
I did have Three (UK) SkypePhone (http://www.3skypephone.com) (PAYG) until a few days ago but, now have a Three (UK) 6500 slide (http://europe.nokia.com/A4423143) - both work great with Ubuntu :-)

Mateo
May 31st, 2008, 04:00 PM
blackberry curve. it's ok. would like an android phone though.

SnoMan88
May 31st, 2008, 05:43 PM
AT&T Tilt/ HTC Tytn II, not a bad phone wish I could install Ubuntu Mobile on it, if anyone knows a way you can could you tell me?

Enthralled
May 31st, 2008, 06:17 PM
I've got BenQ-Siemens EF81 (http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5418/b129660jb1.jpg). It rocks! :D

divague
May 31st, 2008, 06:50 PM
Motorola krzr k1

SammyBoy247
June 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
I've get a nokia N95 8G and unfortunately I need to borrow a friends windows machine to get at most of the PC fuctionality.

However USB mass storage works fine with ubuntu.

With nokia's involvement with Linux on some of their internet tablets I think it's a shame all their PC software is MS based with very little support for MacOS and nothing for Linux users. (Winge, winge, moan, moan.)

p.s. the phone does make phone calls absolutly fine without the aid of a PC at all... remarkable.

tuebinger
June 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
I have a jailbroken iPhone with T-Mobile pay-as-you-go. I've had a love-hate relationship with it. It has great usability features but I feel like I wasted money on something that is just so-so. It syncs with Amarok... sometimes. There's a whole lot of stuff it doesn't do.