PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime Trailers Ripper Application wot I just built

moeFinley
February 4th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I've been messing around with Mono thanks to some great tutorials in Linux Format. I've made a little application that reads through the QuickTime site finds the HD trailers and applies the character switching hack. I prefer to watch them from the hard drive so it never buffers half way through.

Download some example output here. (http://www.timneil.co.uk/quick_time_links.txt) <----- This should be all the current trailers on the QuickTime site. There are duplicates and a few buggy ones which I'm fixing at the moment.

It's pretty much served it's perpose for me as a test project. But I was wondering if it's worth me spending a few more hours on it so it would output more usable content such as a HTML page of links or an RSS feed?

Of the people here who watch the trailers from QuickTime who would like an application that will download them or do you watch/download in another way?

moeFinley
February 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I guess no one interested then? :(

Mateo
February 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
an HTML page with links would be fantastic, actually. that way you could pick and choose what you wanted, and create your own wget script to get them.