PDA

View Full Version : see you on the other side

glandula
May 18th, 2005, 02:25 PM
hello

its taken me some time, about a year of trying out different distros. then i found ubuntu about a month ago. this month has been spent learning(im a linux newbie after all), trying out, failing, and in the end mostly succeeding(thanks to this forum) and learning how to do things that i can do in windows. the last 48 hours have been spent backing up my stuff, and finishing off some torrents i had running in windows. now its the time. tonite will be format night. a fresh clean ubuntu install (my current install has become a bit messed up due to experiments), and most importantly windows will be gone. for good.

see you on your side

dave9191
May 18th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Good luck man, Im sure that you can manage :D Just follow the light, and hope you dont get a power cut :-#

GarySaved
May 18th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Good Luck!

I was in the same position. I tried everything, but nothing could completly replace M$, till Ubuntu.

Now there is not looking back!

Gary

dave9191
May 18th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Good Luck!

I was in the same position. I tried everything, but nothing could completly replace M$, till Ubuntu.

Now there is not looking back!

Gary

I wish I could get rid of MS Win :'( But Im a gamer at heart. Kubuntu runs on my work machine, so I never get any work done cause there is so much tweaking and playing to do :) And then there is my MS gaming comp where I just cant do any work cause Im either playing a game or restarting from a crach ;)

poofyhairguy
May 19th, 2005, 11:17 AM
welcome.