PDA

View Full Version : What happens when breezy is released

defkewl
May 18th, 2005, 03:21 AM
I'm just asking what will happen to Warthy forum when breezy came out? Do you delete it or else? Also how about putting the HOWTO forum under Other Ubuntu Support.

Xian
May 18th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Since Warty is supported with security updates for a minimum of 18 months, I'd think the forum would likely mirror that timetable, and then perhaps move those posts into a type of archive, or as you suggest another section that may be relevant.

kassetra
May 18th, 2005, 04:07 AM
I'm just asking what will happen to Warthy forum when breezy came out? Do you delete it or else?.
The forums never get deleted - but Warty will most likely go into a tabbed area off of the main page for the remaining six months of it's life-span, and then be moved into an archival area - for viewing only.

Also how about putting the HOWTO forum under Other Ubuntu Support.
The HOWTOs are separate for each version of Ubuntu - therefore we cannot put them under the Other Ubuntu Support area; Hoary HOWTOs can be strikingly different from Warty HOWTOs.

defkewl
May 18th, 2005, 07:13 AM
The forums never get deleted - but Warty will most likely go into a tabbed area off of the main page for the remaining six months of it's life-span, and then be moved into an archival area - for viewing only.

Ok. I just still don't get the plan. Perhaps I'll get the clear picture when Breezy is released.

The HOWTOs are separate for each version of Ubuntu - therefore we cannot put them under the Other Ubuntu Support area; Hoary HOWTOs can be strikingly different from Warty HOWTOs.

Actually this has got to do with the first point. Will the HOWTOs from Wathy section be deleted when Breezy is released?

panickedthumb
May 18th, 2005, 08:55 AM
No as kassetra said, they'll be archived for viewing only.