PDA

View Full Version : panickedthumb's quick way to make you jealous.

TravisNewman
May 18th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Plans for the night-- finish the dishes (I hate dishes).
pay some bills (I hate bills)
Leave the apartment at about 10 or 10:30
Drive an hour to my hometown (I don't hate my hometown, but I'm not fond of it)
Go to the theater (I love the theater-- became good friends with the manager a few years back, just because The Fiancee and I were there all the time hanging out with The Best Friend, who works there)
Watch a movie at midnight that they just got in today, that isn't hitting theaters until Thursday, or Wednesday at midnight, depending on where you live (or if you live outside the US, much longer)

Guess the movie ;) Give you a hint-- "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

See, they get the movies and have to watch them to make sure they're ok before they show them to the public. But every night before a release is just a PARTY. Usually it's about 10 people, but I imagine this one will be more. Basically, all the employees (there are about 15 employees total, if that) can come and bring 2 guests, and any of The Manager's friends can come. But I imagine people are going to break the rules and bring more, and The Manager is going to have friends coming out of the woodwork. That is, if he tells them that it's happening.

PS: that means that I'll be getting back home around 4 or so, and waking up tomorrow morning at 8 (at the latest) to go to work. (I hate waking up early)

bored2k
May 18th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I hate you.

bored2k
May 18th, 2005, 01:28 AM
I warn you: If you want your Hamster Rambo (http://www.lunatic.no/tihi.jpg) to live.. no spoilers (http://www.essentialstyling.com/993%20rsr%20spoiler.jpg) (I know where /home is)..

tread
May 18th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Hah .. I know what happens to the characters in the very end .. I should spoil the movie for you :)

kvidell
May 18th, 2005, 01:50 AM
My sister works for Pepsi HQ here in California, I'll be seeing it as well in a couple hours here in Concord.
- Kev

bored2k
May 18th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Hah .. I know what happens to the characters in the very end .. I should spoil the movie for you :)
My brother [Caribbean fan numero uno] has had the script for days now on his PocketPC. We all know what happens (Amidala marries Mace Windu and the Ghetto Jedi division is born). But graphically, I want no spoilers ;). Oh and Obi Wan hooks up with Jar Jar Binks [they got drunk on Tatooine and met the Stiffmeister from American Pie 4: The Bang Wars).

NeoChaosX
May 18th, 2005, 01:52 AM
ARGH. Kudos to getting in, though, PT.

I was supposed to go to an advance screening last Friday, but the jerk that was supposed to take me to the theater (and had the tickets) never showed up. :mad:

TravisNewman
May 18th, 2005, 01:57 AM
no, no spoilers of any kind, please. I don't want anyone to spoil the experience for the people who haven't seen it.

bored2k's spoilers are ok, because they obviously don't really happen ;)

tread
May 18th, 2005, 02:04 AM
I happen to know that bored2k doesn't lie .. really .. the idea! Besides, his version of the story will prolly be more interesting :)

bored2k
May 18th, 2005, 02:09 AM
I happen to know that bored2k doesn't lie .. really .. the idea! Besides, his version of the story will prolly be more interesting :)
Imagine: Millenium Falcon sitting on some 20'' dubs with a chromed out Gucci grill with Zorba the Hutt boogeing (Remember Ice Cube's wise words: "Gansgtas don't dance we buggie") to the beat of Lean Back. Damn I should be a writer. Imma start my own scifi stories. Maybe then I'll invent a totally fake religion like L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology :D. Who's with me?!

kvidell
May 18th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Imagine: Millenium Falcon sitting on some 20'' dubs with a chromed out Gucci grill with Zorba the Hutt boogeing (Remember Ice Cube's wise words: "Gansgtas don't dance we buggie") to the beat of Lean Back. Damn I should be a writer. Imma start my own scifi stories. Maybe then I'll invent a totally fake religion like L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology :D. Who's with me?!
Space Ballz 2, yo.
The search for bigger rims.
;)
- Kev

tread
May 18th, 2005, 02:15 AM
I vote in favour .. lets get some names rolling.

(Damn .. mind suddenly a complete blank ](*,) )

bored2k
May 18th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Space Ballz 2, yo.
The search for bigger rims.
;)
- Kev
LOL

Ok so let's start making the cast!

Snoop Dogg is... DARTH VADER :O
http://www.snoopheaven.com/pictures/snoop3/snoop263.jpghttp://img287.echo.cx/img287/585/sote16uy.jpg

TravisNewman
May 18th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Snoop is definitely darth vader.
George Clinton as Yoda.
Lil' John as jar jar (don't get me wrong, I like Lil' John, but not jar jar, and I'm not comparing them, I just think it'd be funny).
Richard Pryor as ObiWan (yes I know Richard Pryor is dead, but this is hypothetical)

bored2k
May 18th, 2005, 02:26 AM
http://arwenlune.orcon.net.nz/pics/palpatine_lieberman.jpg :O

TravisNewman
May 18th, 2005, 02:28 AM
I am scared

That's just uncanny

bored2k
May 18th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Suge Knight as Young Jabba The Hutt
http://swg.stratics.com/content/lore/personas/images/jabba.gifhttp://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photos/notorious_murders/celebrity/shakur_BIG/PG5_Marion_Suge_Knight_in_c.jpg

WildTangent
May 18th, 2005, 03:27 AM
i cant say im a huge star wars fan (to the extent that some go anyway) but i have a good feeling about this one, looks much better than the previous 2. besides, my parents are giving me money to see it with my brother, so i wont pass it up :)

-Wild

TravisNewman
May 18th, 2005, 08:48 AM
I was impressed-- I just wish Speilberg had directed it. Lucas can't direct. I think that's one major reason 5 and 6 were better than 4: Lucas didn't direct them.

Some of the acting in this one was not so great. I've seen these actors elsewhere and they're fantastic, so I blame Lucas for his directing.

But overall, it was fantastic. It left some plot holes, but tied up a lot. There's one thing close to the very end that I'll talk about one-on-one with people after they've seen it, but I won't get into it here. Don't want to spoil.

Lovechild
May 18th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I.... Hate.... You.....

WildTangent
May 18th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I.... Hate.... You.....
i second that....

-Wild

nobodysbusiness
May 18th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I may not get to see it early (I have tickets for Friday morning)... but when I do get to see it, I will be seeing it with crystal clear digital projection (http://www.christiedigital.com/products/cp2000/cp2000Overview.asp)! All you guys will be stuck watching it on blurry, scratchy, analog film. Nyah, nyah!

Lovechild
May 18th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I may not get to see it early (I have tickets for Friday morning)... but when I do get to see it, I will be seeing it with crystal clear digital projection (http://www.christiedigital.com/products/cp2000/cp2000Overview.asp)! All you guys will be stuck watching it on blurry, scratchy, analog film. Nyah, nyah!

I'll just order tickets for the digital showing, just have to figure out when my buddy can come with me.. I refuse to go to the movies alone

TravisNewman
May 18th, 2005, 10:33 PM
I PREFER the analog film. It just looks better to me. It has a certain warmth to it that's lost in the digital projection. And hey, I saw the first showing of this particular copy of the film, so no scratches, no blurs. The audio was digital though :)

TravisNewman
May 18th, 2005, 10:34 PM
The farther I get from it, and the more time I have to think about it, the more I love this movie. I can't wait for more people to see it so I can talk with someone else about it ;)

GarySaved
May 18th, 2005, 11:27 PM
I think hate is not the correct word. I'm thinking Loathe ...

somuchfortheafter
May 18th, 2005, 11:44 PM
i abhore your very existance and think that you are taint to human existance

Stormy Eyes
May 18th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Star Wars? *yawn* Have fun. I'll probably have to see it with my wife, but I can persuade her to wait a week or two until all the fanboys have seen it and are busy whinging on the net about how George Lucas ruined their childhood memories.

kvidell
May 19th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Star Wars? *yawn* Have fun. I'll probably have to see it with my wife, but I can persuade her to wait a week or two until all the fanboys have seen it and are busy whinging on the net about how George Lucas ruined their childhood memories.
HAH.
Cheers to that :)
I lived with an ILM employee for awhile. He was.... a handful.
At least he wasn't a renderer or anything, he was their Network Security Admin jobber. (He caught the editor that leaked Ep2, for instance).

He goes on and on and on and on about stuff though o.O
Especially lucas stuff. Oi vay.

He also has this annoying habbit of getting angry at you if you don't sit and watch the credits ~all the way through~ for ~every film~ you watch. You're disservicing the creators and their staff, after all, if you don't give yourself a headache trying to focus on that tiny moving text.

- Kev

bored2k
May 19th, 2005, 12:14 AM
HAH.
Cheers to that :)
I lived with an ILM employee for awhile. He was.... a handful.
At least he wasn't a renderer or anything, he was their Network Security Admin jobber. (He caught the editor that leaked Ep2, for instance).

He goes on and on and on and on about stuff though o.O
Especially lucas stuff. Oi vay.

He also has this annoying habbit of getting angry at you if you don't sit and watch the credits ~all the way through~ for ~every film~ you watch. You're disservicing the creators and their staff, after all, if you don't give yourself a headache trying to focus on that tiny moving text.

- Kev
What did happened to the guy that leaked ep.2 ? it's not like he leaked something good :roll:

LoL I can't remember last time I watched the credits for a film... well.. maybe a jackie chan flick where they show how much it hurts to make a crappy movie.

kvidell
May 19th, 2005, 12:18 AM
What did happened to the guy that leaked ep.2 ? it's not like he leaked something good :roll:

LoL I can't remember last time I watched the credits for a film... well.. maybe a jackie chan flick where they show how much it hurts to make a crappy movie.
Hah... He's apparently still in Jail.
Or if not Jail then... whatever it was that happened to him after jail, he's still dealing with that. But there was some amount of jail time, however large or small.
Lucas hit him hard after Steve turned over all the crap and the falsified internal account info pointing to SkyWalker Ranch.

Lucas gets really angsty about that sort of stuff.... but yea... not like anything was really spoiled ;)

I like the credits for Pixar films sometimes.

Stormy Eyes
May 19th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Or if not Jail then... whatever it was that happened to him after jail, he's still dealing with that. But there was some amount of jail time, however large or small.

Does he still have his arms, or did Chewbacca tear 'em off?

TravisNewman
May 19th, 2005, 01:47 AM
To those who've said "I hate you" "I loathe you" etc...
no don't hold back, tell me what you REALLY think ;)

kvidell
May 19th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Does he still have his arms, or did Chewbacca tear 'em off?
They weren't playing Chess to determine the culprit ;P

Stormy Eyes
May 19th, 2005, 02:09 AM

I hope you end up in an Ewok's stewpot. :)

benplaut
May 19th, 2005, 03:12 AM

&^%$*& )(*&^ (*)(&%$%#^$ *%*&!!!!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

bored2k
May 19th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Think Jerry Springer bad..

gylf
May 19th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Well I watched it this morning, despite my plans not to see it (I never went to ep II). I read the plot spoilers six months ago and it sounded half-decent.

I need not write a review because Vader said it best in ep VI:

"...and now his failure is complete!"

The plot looked good on paper; implementation was aweful IMO.
<insert thumbs down image here>

EDIT: fixed Vader spelling :)

TravisNewman
May 20th, 2005, 03:52 AM
gylf isn't a Star Wars fan, are ya? ;)

The Star Wars superfans are going to nail you for misspelling Vader :D

bored2k
May 20th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Well I skipped the premiere today. Why? I don't like waiting in lines..at all. Specially with all the pushing and stuff. I can't take my brother to a SW waiting line, he'll just start breaking arms like they were sticks with his skills.

I'm having pacience. I'm still trying to decypher why was Christensen selected to be the biggest Bad Ass behind Jack Bauer. At least I'm going to see it because of Obi-Wan and "Oh..m...G" Amidala.

poofyhairguy
May 20th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Well I skipped the premiere today. Why? I don't like waiting in lines..at all.

Amen. I'll see it next week. And I will still feel depressed and old when its on ABC in five years....

gylf
May 20th, 2005, 06:39 PM
gylf isn't a Star Wars fan, are ya? ;)
Actually, I'm a huge fan of the original three.

I've been horribly disappointed by the latest additions and ep III was no exception. I feel like “excess” is the word that really sums up my disappointments. Excess: advertising; merchandising; mainstreaming; action scenes; CGI; light-n-magic; plot holes; etc

But I will totally agree that Lucas's directing is the main culprit. The general story is, of course, great. On another level I think Lucas could have just flat out had a better story time line (utilizing more of the first 2 movies to develop the transition from Anakin -> Vader); but I would have been totally satisfied with a well done movie using what he had.
As you pointed out, episode V and VI translated into good works because Lucas stepped back and let someone else write the screenplays and direct the films. I don't know where Lucas got the notion that no one else could be allowed to direct Star Wars, when the two most successful ones were directed by other people. Again IIRC, Speilburg asked to direct episode II and Lucas said no. A real shame IMO.

Anyway, once people have had a chance to see it I'll start a *Spoilers* thread and voice my particular disagreements with the movie :)

The Star Wars superfans are going to nail you for misspelling Vader :D
They probably would have cut off my right hand. Thanks, I fixed it :)

DirtDawg
May 22nd, 2005, 04:00 AM
HOLY COW! I just saw the movie today. Had to wait in line for half hour, but well worth it. I went into this movie with luke-warm expectations (at best) because the last two episodes have been just terrible. But I must say, though not perfect ("Nooooooooooooooo!" comes to mind), this is easily one of the best films in the series.

bored2k
May 22nd, 2005, 04:07 AM
HOLY COW! I just saw the movie today. Had to wait in line for half hour, but well worth it. I went into this movie with luke-warm expectations (at best) because the last two episodes have been just terrible. But I must say, though not perfect ("Nooooooooooooooo!" comes to mind), this is easily one of the best films in the series.
So you´re saying it´s better than any of the first three ? Youŕe lucky this is not a SW fan forum..

edit -- sarcastic joke. Don't start a modX threatened me !

DirtDawg
May 22nd, 2005, 04:32 AM
So you´re saying it´s better than any of the first three ? Youŕe lucky this is not a SW fan forum..

edit -- sarcastic joke. Don't start a modX threatened me !

Iol! No, but I would say it may be (probably is) better than Return of the Jedi (imho). The New York Times reviewer went so far as to say it's better than the original Star Wars! :shock:

bored2k
May 26th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Ok so I saw Episode III. I am very disappointed.

** NO Spoilers but a whole lot of Hatorade **

Like PThumb said, great actors did not have the correct guidance from the Director -in my opinion-. As far as the action secuences, I truly believe these were the most disappointing in any epic-scale saga finale (that is if we forget about Karate Kid and its hideous Hillary Swank remake). Battles weren't nearly as emotional as any from the originals (I'm going further: Qui Gon Jinn's battle with Darth Maul was better performed than the one here). As far as the acting goes, Ian McDiarmid did a very convincing job, but my hat's off for Ewan McGregor, he was just fantastic. Natalie Portman was definitely better in Episode II, but she's Ok.

-Effects ? General Grievous was amazing. That Flinstone-like horse was good also. So ok they were undeniably good, but why do you need so many of them when you get Padme on set :?
-Great to see fan favorites :D.

I still think there were some huge illogic sequences (hint: Christopher Lee), but we're discussing that later, once everyone sees it.

Favorite Quote:
This is how Liberty dies - with thunderous applause.
Go on Star Wars fans, release your anger on me :D

TravisNewman
May 26th, 2005, 06:09 AM
I'm not sure I follow the logic sequences comment involving Chris Lee. You'll have to explain that :)

bored2k
May 26th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure I follow the logic sequences comment involving Chris Lee. You'll have to explain that :)
** DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FLICK **

Christopher Lee (Dr. Wilbur Wonka --yes its true, Count Dooku, Lord Saruman)
http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/count_dooku.jpg

He had a fairly short appearance on Ep. III. We all know what happened when he showed up with his Kangaroo Jack-style jumps.. [Ok he dies I spoiled nothing move on!]
Who taught the Jedi who finished him this method of annihilation ? Why did he hate Dooku so much? Because he chopped an hand off ? Luke didn't decapitate Vader ..
Ok so Dooku fought and loss, he would have probably been a threat to the Jedis and yes I understand Palpatine wanted this to have his recruiting, but why oh why did Anakin do so?

And why does Anakin do something, then immediately goes "I shouldn't have done that" all the time ? Wasn't he taught to have confidence in himself and his jedi teachings ? Why did he obey Palpatine at that time (he still didnt know Palpatine had evil mojo in him? The whole Jedi council basically disliked Palpatine, so it wasn't like "Oh he's the boss whatever".