PDA

View Full Version : ** READ BEFORE POSTING **

FLeiXiuS
November 7th, 2004, 12:44 AM
This forum is only dedicated to guides and answers to frequent questions. All other posts should be directed to their appropriate forum. Please do not create a thread asking for help. Help may be called upon in the General Support Thread.

That is all I ask for. Please respect these rules.

jdong
November 24th, 2004, 11:29 PM
In addition to Flexius's basic guidelines for this forum, please Place a tag on ALL threads in this forum.

Since we have people of varying technical skills in this forum, we must let them know before hand how deep the water is!

All FAQ's that just answer questions must be prefaced with FAQ. These are straightforward answers to questions -- no system configuration changes. (example: What is the difference between X.org and XFree86?)

Choose one of the following tags for howto's:

TUTORIAL: newbie-friendly, foolproof, simplified, whatever walk-through with ample documentation and perhaps even screenshots.
HOWTO: A step below the tutorial, it assumes that users have a certain level of Linux proficiency (i.e. don't need to walk them through using a textmode editor or enabling universe, assume they know some basic commands)
OUTLINE: For experts, a rough set of procedures for how to do something... These are more like 'notes' from an expert on how he accomplished something. (i.e. I roughly outlined migrating from ext3 to reiser4)