PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu torrent client?

poster_nutbag
May 17th, 2005, 10:27 PM
When I last looked (about 2 months ago?) there was a bounty up for a GTK based bittorrent client for Ubuntu. Has this issue been resolved? Cos' I can't find any reference to it anymore (even in the 'bountys paid out').

I have just managed to get my PyGTK torrent client to d/l it's first torrent, so I am not too far away from having a complete program ready to release to the world: is it needed now?

kvidell
May 17th, 2005, 10:32 PM
When I last looked (about 2 months ago?) there was a bounty up for a GTK based bittorrent client for Ubuntu. Has this issue been resolved? Cos' I can't find any reference to it anymore (even in the 'bountys paid out').

I have just managed to get my PyGTK torrent client to d/l it's first torrent, so I am not too far away from having a complete program ready to release to the world: is it needed now?
apt-cache show bittornado-gui
Take a look at that. Maybe it'll do as you wish?
- Kev

Burgundavia
May 18th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Gnome-bittorrent was found to do the job. It is installed by default. All you need to do is click on a torrent in FF and it will open in gnome-bt.

Corey

jdong
May 18th, 2005, 02:17 AM
I personally recommend that you use the Azureus Java Bittorrent Client. Though it's implemented in a disgusting language, it's no doubt the best, fastest, most versatile and reliable Bittorrent client.

poofyhairguy
May 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM
bittornado-gui

be sure to use the backport version. Its my fav....