PDA

View Full Version : Leel, Microsoft uses firefox, not IE

Ben Sprinkle
February 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
Look on the page to download Windows Defender, they have a howto to download and install but look closely at the screenshots, it has the firefox logo and the firefox download manager.

Am at school now so can't give direct links. This prooves how hypocritic Microsoft is.

t3r0
February 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM
You probably did go to the site with Firefox? ;) check the url of that page...

"....downloads/MozillaValidation.aspx...."

Ben Sprinkle
February 1st, 2007, 02:51 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=435BFCE7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en
Stange, if in IE, it shows IE screens.

Ghil
February 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM
wow, Microsoft did actually took the time to make screenshots for Firefox users o_0 nice one!

bastiegast
February 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
You can say whatever you want about MS but they take user friendliness to the very details! I've seen that more, I think it's something where linux could learn from MS (details and polishing).

Don't get me wrong, I think linux is far more logic and even user friendlier than most MS OSes but I do think this is nice and it's something positive about MS .

Ben Sprinkle
February 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
I suppose...but maybe they are trying to make up for their 'taking over the technology world, one computer at a time' thought?

glabouni
February 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
This prooves how hypocritic Microsoft is.

in other news: microsoft didn't use frontpage to make frontpage site, microsoft runs IIS site on apache server, ...

btw I went there with opera and saw no screenshots.

MrHorus
February 1st, 2007, 04:23 PM
in other news: microsoft didn't use frontpage to make frontpage site, microsoft runs IIS site on apache server, ...

How can you "run IIS on Apache"?

Both are webservers, you can't "run" one webserver on another...

ComplexNumber
February 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=435BFCE7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en
Stange, if in IE, it shows IE screens.
do you have a direct link to what you are referring to? i can't see any screenshots showing ANY browser.

Adamant1988
February 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
I suppose...but maybe they are trying to make up for their 'taking over the technology world, one computer at a time' thought?

In short, no. What they're trying to do is "take over the world, one computer a time" just in mass.

I can point out numerous anti-competitive behaviors from Microsoft just with the release of vista that implies that they're really trying hard to lock you in, and now they're not even being shy about it.

My Microsoft experience will stop with XP (which is currently running on my laptop, although I've heard good things about Sabayon and PClinuxOS and I'm going to give them a try). I will not buy vista, and I will urge anyone else who attempts to buy vista to step back and save themselves some serious cash.

:KS

Bavo
February 1st, 2007, 04:49 PM
How can you "run IIS on Apache"?

Both are webservers, you can't "run" one webserver on another...

Read closer :)

He said that the ISS site, as in the site with information and stuff about ISS, is running on an Apache server.
(Don't know if it's true, didn't bother to check)

SeanTater
February 1st, 2007, 07:52 PM
Read closer :)

He said that the ISS site, as in the site with information and stuff about ISS, is running on an Apache server.
(Don't know if it's true, didn't bother to check)

Netcraft says it uses IIS on Windows Server 2003

It's also interesting to note that it has not been recorded (that I see) to have ever had an uptime of longer than 36 days. (and it's been recorded for 256 days)

Ben Sprinkle
February 2nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
do you have a direct link to what you are referring to? i can't see any screenshots showing ANY browser.

Push 'continue', and did anyone notice MS has a favicon.ico? I never noticed that before.

mikewhatever
February 2nd, 2007, 01:36 AM
Nothing I can see