PDA

View Full Version : UbuCon in NYC

GameManK
February 1st, 2007, 02:10 AM
I just found out that there will be a UbuCon (Ubuntu conference) at the Google offices in Manhattan on February 16th.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TheUbucon

Is anybody here going?

N8K99
February 1st, 2007, 02:17 AM
if you want to help promote this event, print out this pdf as a flyer and hand it out, or just re-wallpaper your room!
;-)
http://eckenrodehouse.net/kubuntu/flyer1-1.pdf

jdhore
February 1st, 2007, 09:39 AM
i'm SOOOOOO there

macogw
February 2nd, 2007, 04:51 AM
I'm going! If you go, look for a teenage girl in a blue cHix0r shirt. It'll probably be me.

jdhore
February 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
OK, i'll be driving up to NYC from the DC-area, if you're on the usual way between DC and NYC (less than say 10 minutes off the highway), i'll be able to take 3 people in my car (excluding myself of course), either reply to this post, PM me here on the forums or IM me on AIM at the screenname hackcomjd and we'll try to get something setup

hackmeister
February 2nd, 2007, 01:55 PM
I'm coming in from eastern PA. Might show up with a couple other members from my LUG.

Dragonbite
February 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
I would love to go but I can't get out of work that day!! darn! darn! darn!

GameManK
February 5th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I don't know if I can go because I have class that day, and I'm not convinced it's worth the long ride/drive. Somebody convince me to go!

macogw
February 7th, 2007, 05:14 AM
dude, FREE GOOGLE FOOD! this is the food only the 31337 Google employees get to eat!

Hendrixski
February 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Free confrence? Sounds good. I'll see if I can't write this off as a business expense.

Hendrixski
February 17th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Wow, that was a great conference. I got to see the OLPC, and the OpenMoko!!! and heard some interesting speeches. Learned a lot, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

John.Michael.Kane
February 18th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Hendrixski you sound like you had a blast?.

macogw
February 18th, 2007, 04:07 AM
haha i got teased for that post up there ^ but hey, the bruscietta sandwiches were yummy :)

GameManK
February 18th, 2007, 07:10 AM
haha i got teased for that post up there ^ but hey, the bruscietta sandwiches were yummy :)
i dunno, i was kinda disappointed. hey google, where's my steak dinner? :)

The conference was great and a worthwhile trip, although getting back was a paain (and for once it was more Boston's fault than NYC's ;) ).

I was thinking of posting a summary up somewhere, and I almost wish I kept a blog for such things...

I want an OLPC!

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 07:50 AM
i dunno, i was kinda disappointed. hey google, where's my steak dinner? :)

The conference was great and a worthwhile trip, although getting back was a paain (and for once it was more Boston's fault than NYC's ;) ).

I was thinking of posting a summary up somewhere, and I almost wish I kept a blog for such things...

I want an OLPC!

please post a summary here:
Ubocon Morning After!....will someone who went please fill us in? (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=364187)

sal
February 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM
ubucon rocked for me !