PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! Two weeks of Ubuntu is not as solid as riding a bicycle...

darweth
January 31st, 2007, 05:52 AM
:D I started using Ubuntu about a month ago. I loved it during those first two weeks. I felt uber comfortable using it as an operating system after only a few days and scrapped Windows COMPLETELY!! I went on vacation for following two weeks and only had access to Windows and OSX machines. I just returned home this evening and Ubuntu is intimidating me again! lol :D I forgot how to do a billion things. I guess two weeks was not enough time to let it set in *for good,* even though at the time I felt very well adjusted. More learning to do!

jdong
January 31st, 2007, 05:55 AM
Who said riding a bike is all that solid either? I found that after 4 years of not riding my bike to school I suck at long-distance biking now.

slimdog360
January 31st, 2007, 08:07 AM
it will come back in time, fingers crossed.

SunnyRabbiera
January 31st, 2007, 08:16 AM
yeh you will start getting things within a few months, pretty soon windows will seem alien to you :D

Goober
January 31st, 2007, 08:28 AM
I write things down, like codes for the Terminals and such. I have quite a list going, actually ...

adam.tropics
January 31st, 2007, 08:54 AM
I write things down, like codes for the Terminals and such. I have quite a list going, actually ...

You're not alone either..... (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=293551&highlight=pen+paper)

After a while you realise that you are asking less and less, and 'hopefully' answering more and more!

STREETURCHINE
January 31st, 2007, 09:42 AM

yep i copy and paste everything to openoffice document and i have about 40 pages of good howto's and command line stuff now....:D

PetePete
January 31st, 2007, 02:07 PM
yep i copy and paste everything to openoffice document and i have about 40 pages of good howto's and command line stuff now....:D

care to share?!

fuscia
January 31st, 2007, 02:11 PM
the nice thing about knowledge, as opposed to barnicles, is that when you relearn something, you often learn something new about that which you thought you'd already learned.