PDA

View Full Version : Pear Image_Graph install

braddcadd
January 31st, 2007, 12:54 AM
Can anyone help me installing the pear::Image_Graph module? I installed it through Synaptic. I also have the Ubuntu Pear package installed.

When I make the following call (after I include Graph.php correctly):

$Graph =& Image_Graph::factory('graph', array(400, 300));

I get the following when brosing localhost:

Warning: main(Image/Color.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/Image/Canvas/Color.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'Image/Color.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/php/Image/Canvas/Color.php on line 33

But I've checked this location and find the files in place. I even chmod 777 all files in the webserver and /usr/share/php/Image/Canvas/ to now avail.

Thanks for any help.

braddcadd
January 31st, 2007, 02:53 AM
Well I gave up on pear. Now I am trying to get phplot working. I installed libphp-phplot from the Ubuntu packages. But it requires GD to be working. I checked phpinfo() and GD (evidently) is not working on my machine.

The best advice I have right now is the following fron php.net:

To enable GD-support configure PHP --with-gd[=DIR], where DIR is the GD base install directory. To use the recommended bundled version of the GD library (which was first bundled in PHP 4.3.0), use the configure option --with-gd. GD library requires libpng and libjpeg to compile.

Chime in if anyone can help me "configure PHP --with-gd[=DIR]". I am at a loss. Is this in the apache2.conf file?

apoth
April 18th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Probably too late for you, but I had the same issue with Image_Graph. I had to do two things:

1. Download Image_Color from the pear website (http://download.pear.php.net/package/Image_Color-1.0.2.tgz) and extract it to an Image folder in /usr/share/php/Image/Canvas. That got me past the first error, which you had.

2. Create a Fonts directory in /usr/share/php/Image/Canvas and copy into it /var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/B/Bitstream-Vera-Sans-Mono.ttf and then declare I was using that font as

$Font =& $Graph->addNew('font', 'Bitstream-Vera-Sans-Mono');

lightstream
February 13th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks apoth for posting that, it got me up and running with Image_Graph =D

Oh... I also ran into a problem with ImageAntialias function (or however it's cased) not existing; it seems it is only available with some versions of GD. I'm pretty sure I installed my GD using apt-get install php5-gd. You can edit the PEAR files to wrap any calls to this function in a function_exists() check, according to this bug report (http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=8776) (which worked for me, obviously).