PDA

View Full Version : Made it!

wilberfan
January 30th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Back in late August, I decided that there was just no way I was going to give into Vista Come early 2007. ("It can only be installed TWICE on the same machine? Bull$#%t!!")

It was at that moment (and having read a very good review of Ubuntu), I decided I'd be Linux-savy by late January, and therefore uninterested and non-tempted to install Vist@....

Made it!! :D

Titi
January 30th, 2007, 10:50 PM
same here :)
i decided to switch to ubuntu forgood after my exams. my exams are not even finished!
this afternoon i went to the store to buy me an external harddrive (for my music and stuff) and there was a LOT of advertising for Vista, i passed those huge screens with Vista, the racks where those boxes were displaeyed (it costs 350 euros!) and i was laughing inside. pour suckers who pay for that. and then i just installed ubuntu over windows xp. what a relief!
by the way, Dapper was really easy to install. when i installed breezy badger on my laptop, i found it difficult, but now it went like it was nothing.

also, thanks a lot for the help here. every problem i had was solved by searching these forums.