PDA

View Full Version : Which browsers do you have on your OS?

RAV TUX
January 30th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Firefox
Opera
Konqueror
Epiphany
Seamonkey
Galeon

(Screenshot below shows 4 up, can you tell which ones they are from the pic?)

igknighted
January 30th, 2007, 06:00 AM
I use Konqueror mostly, although I also use Opera periodically as well.

maniacmusician
January 30th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Firefox, Opera, Konqueror

NeoLithium
January 30th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I just have firefox; but just cleaned off a bunch of stuff that I rarely use; I just got rid of Opera after a bit of use...

DC@DR
January 30th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Just ONLY Firefox :-)

VicAlpha
January 30th, 2007, 06:28 AM
I use firefox 99.9% of the time. Epiphany is installed though because I'm hoping it will become better in the next release (+10 for the gnome integration and gecko)

IYY
January 30th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Firefox, Opera and Dillo.

kevinlyfellow
January 30th, 2007, 06:31 AM
firefox and lynx... lynx is great when things go wrong with X

napsilan
January 30th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Have firefox, konqueror and lynx. I use firefox exclusively, the extensions rule. edit: well, except for the weekly X fubar.

:biggrin: Adblock :biggrin:

chickengirl
January 30th, 2007, 07:15 AM
atm I have Firefox 2.0 (from the repos), Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 (from mozilla) and Opera (from Automatix).

xhaan
January 30th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Firefox, Epiphany, links2 and elinks.

SunnyRabbiera
January 30th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I use:
Opera (primary browser)
Firefox
MSIE (for those all too annoying IE only sites, thankfully they are not as common as they used to be)
I used to be an avid Konq user but its been bogged down by my recent complications with KDE.

3rdalbum
January 30th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Firefox (renamed to Iceweasel - I did this months ago), Opera, Konqueror, IE through Wine, w3m, Links2.

fuscia
January 30th, 2007, 08:10 AM
opera, konqueror, firefox, swiftfox, dillo, elinks and lynx.

ultima
January 30th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Opera, Konqueror and Firefox. mostly use Opera.

ubuntu27
January 30th, 2007, 08:26 AM
I mostly use Epiphany, and then Mozilla's Firefox.

homh
January 30th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I have firefox, opera and galeon.

I use firefox most of the time. There is one website that I used which I have trouble posting to unless I use Opera. Other than that I would prefer firefox.

Rodneyck
January 30th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I keep it simple, just one, Konqueror.

I have tried them all and under Kubuntu, Konqueror works beautifully. On other distros, such as Sabayonlinux, Konqueror crashed a lot. I assume it was because of the default plugins. I could never visit www.apple.com without a crash.

Swiftfox was my browser of choice under Gnome.

Urara
February 9th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I use swiftfox for the most part. However, my motherboard toasted last week. Just got a replacement from TigerDirect last night. Installed it, but for some reason unknown to me, I could only get a text login prompt. I recalled that Aysiu had a troubleshooting guide for no graphical login. So I used w3m to get to www.psychocats.net, followed the directions to reinstall my kubuntu-desktop, and all is well again! One happy ubuntu newbie here. :D

AndyCooll
February 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Just Firefox. Does everything I need.

:cool:

nsleiman
February 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM
FireFox and Konqueror. i am also happy :)

Adamant1988
February 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Flock by default, it's just great for my web 2.0. Firefox being #2, Opera being #3 (I use opera for downloading .iso files)

EmilyRose
February 9th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I have opera, firefox and just-installed flock. Opera is my browser of choice, though flock is interesting.

Kernel Sanders
February 9th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Firefox, Flock, IE7

undertakingyou
February 9th, 2007, 03:29 PM
On ubuntu, I run firefox only. It is my favorite
On windows, I run firefox (primary) IE6 and Opera, so that when I develope websites I can make the site look the same for all three.

UNDERTAKINGYOU--
------------------------

maxamillion
February 9th, 2007, 03:39 PM
firefox ... its currently the most capable browser in many ways and appears to be the most google endorsed and I use google services like they are going out of style

_simon_
February 9th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Konqueror and Firefox on SUSE.

Tend to use Firefox for browsing but Konqueror for FTP.

hoagie
February 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Firefox for nearly 99% of the time.
Opera and Epiphany are also there though.

Sunflower1970
February 9th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Firefox.

I've used Opera in the past, on Windows, and although I like it, I just haven't gotten around to d/l-ing it and trying it on Linux.

Brunellus
February 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Firefox, Dillo, Lynx, and Kazehakase.

fuscia
February 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
i'm trying kazehakase. it's kind of funky. right now, i'm still in the novelty stage.

Brunellus
February 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
i'm trying kazehakase. it's kind of funky. right now, i'm still in the novelty stage.
kazehakase in feisty is a nice middleweight browser between dillo and firefox. it is not as much of a memory pig as firefox....

seijuro
February 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM
firefox, swiftfox, konqueror, lynx

the_darkside_986
February 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I mainly use firefox, but I installed Epiphany because hopefully flash will not work with it. I can't figure out where in firefox I am supposed to be able to disable flash for annoying flash-based popups. The version of epiphany from the repositories seems very nice. The one on the suse linux 10.1 cd was highly unstable and would constantly crash for no reason.
I tried to use Opera once when firefox kept failing a download but opera failed it even worse and firefox finally got it right. I avoid using Internet Explorer at all costs.

Somenoob
February 9th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Firefox, Epiphany and Lynx. I had Opera but i wanted the source for some modifications and studying but unfortunately it's closed source.

fuscia
February 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM
kazehakase in feisty is a nice middleweight browser between dillo and firefox. it is not as much of a memory pig as firefox....

the novelty wore off and i dumped it. back to opera, for me. it looks interesting, though. i'll be curious to see how it developes.

Brunellus
February 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
the novelty wore off and i dumped it. back to opera, for me. it looks interesting, though. i'll be curious to see how it developes.
Opera's non-free though. I'm running kazehakase on the ghettolappy, which has also become a project for an entirely-free-software install....

Adamant1988
February 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I like Opera but I find that Flock integrates so much better into my web 2.0 experience. FireFox extensions make it a runner up, with Opera only really being used to download .isos haha.

Brunellus
February 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I like Opera but I find that Flock integrates so much better into my web 2.0 experience. FireFox extensions make it a runner up, with Opera only really being used to download .isos haha.
isn't Flock just firefox with added bloat and Hype 2.0 compliance?

Adamant1988
February 9th, 2007, 06:18 PM
isn't Flock just firefox with added bloat and Hype 2.0 compliance?

Ehm, yes and no. It's built off of FireFox, but I honestly use everything they've given me (and added more myself) for things like blog integration, etc. So I wouldn't call any of it bloat per-say. I use every bit of the browser.

Brunellus
February 9th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Ehm, yes and no. It's built off of FireFox, but I honestly use everything they've given me (and added more myself) for things like blog integration, etc. So I wouldn't call any of it bloat per-say. I use every bit of the browser.
per se nihil fit; nihil ex nihilo potest fieri.

Adamant1988
February 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
per se nihil fit; nihil ex nihilo potest fieri.
Was there a point to that? Really?

Brunellus
February 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Was there a point to that? Really?
no, not really. But it certainly was satisfying.

We have different needs in browsing. Blog integration is nice, but the installation target in my case is an 8 year old laptop. Kazehakase is the compromise candidate, lying between Dillo and Epiphany on the great quivering flesh wheel of browser transmigration.

h'mm. maybe I should cut down on my coffee intake. I'm speaking Latin and quoting Kerouac....

Adamant1988
February 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM
no, not really. But it certainly was satisfying.

We have different needs in browsing. Blog integration is nice, but the installation target in my case is an 8 year old laptop. Kazehakase is the compromise candidate, lying between Dillo and Epiphany on the great quivering flesh wheel of browser transmigration.

h'mm. maybe I should cut down on my coffee intake. I'm speaking Latin and quoting Kerouac....

Mind translating for me?

Brunellus
February 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
"by itself, Nothing is done; nothing can be made from Nothing."

"per se" being the key Latin phrase there.

fuscia
February 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Opera's non-free though.

just like the beer i drink.

edit: just reinstalled kazehakase (which i'll probably uninstall and reinstall about six more times today).

EdThaSlayer
February 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Although the only one I use is Firefox-
I also have

Mozilla web browser
Galeon web browser

Rodneyck
February 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I use Konqueror and love it. It's a file and web browser all-in-one with many hidden functions, like changing its identify to other browsers for those annoying websites that want to only work with Internet Explorer, dual (or actually any number you want) panes, built-in translator, run as a terminal, etc.

I like the way Firefox handles their bookmarks better, but I really prefer Konqueror overall.

Adamant1988
February 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I use Konqueror and love it. It's a file and web browser all-in-one with many hidden functions, like changing its identify to other browsers for those annoying websites that want to only work with Internet Explorer, dual (or actually any number you want) panes, built-in translator, run as a terminal, etc.

I like the way Firefox handles their bookmarks better, but I really prefer Konqueror overall.

Konquerer is amazing. I loved it when I used it back in my Mepis days ;)

paridoth
February 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
firefox =) wouldn't need any other

purplearcanist
February 9th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I use Firefox, but I didn't know about the other browsers that you could choose from.:shock:

Requiemx
February 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I use Fire Fox, my second chose would be Opera.

BWF89
February 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
On Mac OSX:
-Firefox
-Safari (I never use it but my parents both do)

On Kubuntu:
-Firefox
-Konqueror (Only use it as a file browser)

Bertha
February 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Firefox

Opera

Epiphany :guitar: