PDA

View Full Version : What should I do with this photograph?

Brazen
January 28th, 2007, 04:42 AM
I snapped this photo of my kid, and now the family is saying I should "do something" with it. Check it out here. (http://dinkelmanor.atotchat.org/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=2&g2_itemId=52)

Sorry, if you use IE6, the template is messed up and you have to scroll down (Firefox looks fine).

I think the family is talking about submitting to a contest or magazine or something, but I'm open to any ideas, and any criticism. I think it's pretty neat (just a "random" photo I took and decided to b&w it), but of course, I'm partial.

TBH, I would prefer to use it in some sort of F/OSS-benificial way, but nothing comes to mind. Really, I just figured I would put this out here to show off my kid and my stroke of photographic luck (it really was luck, not any sort of creativity; he was sunbathing to help with jaundice).

MkfIbK7a
January 28th, 2007, 04:46 AM
aww...
very cute!
maybe try submiting it to a photography magazine for critisism?
i suggest
practical photography
magazine

they have a

what do you think?
section where proffesionals rate photos

my two cents worth

wert:D

Spano
January 28th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Wonderful image! I would rotate it about 1 or 2 degrees counter clockwise.
You did get lucky - in more ways than one.

slimdog360
January 28th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Thats really good.

kevCast
January 28th, 2007, 07:27 AM
If you have PS or GIMP, touch it up a little bit. That's a very nice picture.

H.E. Pennypacker
January 28th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Gimp it! (this really should become a trademark promoting Gimp)

RAV TUX
January 28th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I snapped this photo of my kid, and now the family is saying I should "do something" with it. Check it out here. (http://dinkelmanor.atotchat.org/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=2&g2_itemId=52)

Sorry, if you use IE6, the template is messed up and you have to scroll down (Firefox looks fine).

I think the family is talking about submitting to a contest or magazine or something, but I'm open to any ideas, and any criticism. I think it's pretty neat (just a "random" photo I took and decided to b&w it), but of course, I'm partial.

TBH, I would prefer to use it in some sort of F/OSS-benificial way, but nothing comes to mind. Really, I just figured I would put this out here to show off my kid and my stroke of photographic luck (it really was luck, not any sort of creativity; he was sunbathing to help with jaundice).

leave it exactly as is...it is perfect....blow it up into a large size, have it specially framed....make a limited number of signed copies.....maybe 10 and sell them exclusively to high-end art galleries and ask for a minimum of $10, 000 to $20, 000 dollars each....then put any money you make away for your beautiful child's college fund...

perhaps invest in a RothIRA in his name so the investment is enough to carry your baby through grad school...

I'm an optimist.;)

coolclassic
January 28th, 2007, 01:55 PM
aww...

maybe try submiting it to a photography magazine for critisism?

they have a

section where proffesionals rate photos

my two cents worth

wert:D

Have a look here http://www.bytephoto.com/ You will be able to enter into a competition where you will get some professional criticism and scoring.

Brazen
January 28th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Gimp it! (this really should become a trademark promoting Gimp)

yeah, to bad Gimp confuses the heck out of me.

dbbolton
January 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
[quote=Brazen;2073001Sorry, if you use IE6...[/quote]

i would also like to send out my sorrow to anyone using internet explorer.

Brazen
January 28th, 2007, 05:22 PM
leave it exactly as is...it is perfect....blow it up into a large size, have it specially framed....make a limited number of signed copies.....maybe 10 and sell them exclusively to high-end art galleries and ask for a minimum of $10, 000 to $20, 000 dollars each....then put any money you make away for your beautiful child's college fund...

perhaps invest in a RothIRA in his name so the investment is enough to carry your baby through grad school...

I'm an optimist.;)

Nice, thanks :)

RAV TUX
January 28th, 2007, 05:24 PM
yeah, to bad Gimp confuses the heck out of me.
try GIMPshop then.

Brazen
January 29th, 2007, 05:04 AM
try GIMPshop then.

Photoshop confuses the heck out of me just as bad, if not worse. (So I don't think GIMPshop will be any better)

RAV TUX
January 29th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Photoshop confuses the heck out of me just as bad, if not worse. (So I don't think GIMPshop will be any better)
That ok because I think the picture as is..is perfect

adam.tropics
January 29th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Lovely picture, congratulations.

...make a limited number of signed copies.....maybe 10 and sell them exclusively to high-end art galleries and ask for a minimum of $10, 000 to $20, 000 dollars each....then put any money you make away for your beautiful child's college fund...

...then in 20 years time when the new girlfriend comes for dinner to meet the family, you can say "hey, come see this, guess how we paid his college fund!"

Sepp1
January 29th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Title it : "tired of windows" an post it as a wallpaper
:)
Sepp

Edit: oh and lovly kid.