PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Dream: Linux Land?

Kat of Zion
January 27th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Freud would have a field day with me if he was to hear the recollection of a dream I had not more than half an hour ago concerning Linux.

Im sitting, surrounded by green meadow. A lake is in front of me and it looks like Im laid out on my beach chair. I pick up a magazine and am reading. Shortly after I get a tap on my right wrist. Looking around my magazine I see a happy, fat penguin looking at me. He/She/It pulls a glass of lemonade (complete with umbrella) from behind his back like out of some cartoon. It is offered to me and I graciously take it. It looks at me very happily and walks off.

I sit there and sip my lemonade and begin reading again. Some time later, there is a squawk. I look around to the source and discover another penguin on a hillside to the left and behind me. Binoculars are raised to his/her/it's eyes and the penguin firmly points ahead of itself, jumping up and down in a frantic gesture.

A whole bunch of penguins appear on the small hillside to the side of that (but behind me of course) and they all mount a big gun like object upon their left shoulder. They seem to be aiming it ahead of them in the direction that the "lookout" penguin pointed. I look in that direction too but see nothing. Suddenly there is a loud "WHOOOSH!" and I see a whole bunch of rockets stream in that direction, smoke coming out from behind them of course. There is a loud explosion as they reach past my horizon of view and a shockwave ripples the ground a bit, shaking me and my chair slightly.

It is then that the penguin who gave me lemonade appears again. A male voice (one that sounds like entirely too much helium was inhaled) apologizes to me: "Mary, you must excuse us. We are out of lemonade. Sadly that skirmish tipped our bucket of juice over." I smile at him and tell him that its fine. He grumbles a bit "Its all because of that silly glasses wearing guy that keeps coming into our territory."

Was I dreaming of a fictional representation of "Linux Land" or what? Lets hope that penguins aren't infecting my brain (despite how much I think those things are adorable) less than a day after I fully crossed over to Linux from M$.

Polygon
January 27th, 2007, 05:56 AM
i have dreams about all sorts of stuff, its not just you :D

thats a pretty interesting dream you have there though, you were most likely thinking about Linux/ ms when you went to bed and your mind went crazy with it

Kat of Zion
January 27th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Yup. Also my latest website blog entry (http://ladyleopardess.blogspot.com) probably had something to do with it. Ahhh...the mind of a visually based person.

kevCast
January 27th, 2007, 06:37 AM
I dreamt I was smoke, and allergic to myself, and there was an floating ambylical chord attacking my smoke to Socrates.

It was strange.

foxmulder881
January 27th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I dream tech stuff all the time. It just means you're obsessed with technology.

Kat of Zion
January 27th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Yes. Gamer/Geek chicks dream of new fangled gadgets and apparently also dream of Linux penguins.

-Kat

dbbolton
January 27th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I dreamt I was smoke, and allergic to myself, and there was an floating ambylical chord attacking my smoke to Socrates.

It was strange.
ever heard of this guy, called Dalí ?

foxmulder881
January 27th, 2007, 07:20 AM
We're a seriously disturbed bunch in here!

Kat of Zion
January 27th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Agreed Foxmulder

I am an artist and I know that I wake up tired sometimes because my dreams were so vivid. It doesnt help that I also feel like I was on some drug-induced trip...all without the actual drug.

*goes crazy again as she tries to look for a solution for wallpaper-tray*