PDA

View Full Version : Java Server Pages IDE

jwnorma
January 26th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Can anyone recommend a good IDE for building JSP?

I have tried the visual web pack for NetBeans and it doesn't work with the 2.6.x kernel.

I also tried dl the MyEclipse Workbench package, but can't get it to work either. It seems to only be for Red Hat Enterprise.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

laxmanb
January 26th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Visual Web Pack doesn't work with the 2.6.x kernel... really??

pmasiar
January 26th, 2007, 02:00 PM
eclipse works fine for me

gh0st
January 26th, 2007, 05:53 PM
eclipse works fine for me

Yeah I'd vote for Eclipse as well.

boredandblogging.com
January 26th, 2007, 10:20 PM
What does Eclipse or myEclipse have to do with the distro? As long as your Java installation works, Eclipse will work.

lloyd mcclendon
January 27th, 2007, 12:48 AM
download a vanilla version of eclipse & any plugins from www.yoxos.com/ondemand - it will work, as long as $ java doesn't come back with command not found.

pick the web tools platform but NOT eclipse html editor. there's lots of good plugins in there, spend 10 minutes looking through them and googling any that sound interesting.

k_smolka
February 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Can anyone recommend a good IDE for building JSP?

I have tried the visual web pack for NetBeans and it doesn't work with the 2.6.x kernel.

I also tried dl the MyEclipse Workbench package, but can't get it to work either. It seems to only be for Red Hat Enterprise.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

The visual web pack works fine for me, the visual web pack is really for building JSF web applications not JSP. The standard netbeans has a JSP editor built in but does not provide drag and drop HTML generation.

Regards
Karl