PDA

View Full Version : guess the model:)

haxer
January 25th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Hello i have some people that wants to trade stuff with me for my computer one of them gave me this ... ibm lenovo something i think it is.

mykalreborn
January 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
so... what seems to be the problem ? :)

haxer
January 25th, 2007, 10:58 PM
yeah but i want to know if anyone knowes which model of the lenovo thinkpad it is :KS

mykalreborn
January 25th, 2007, 11:07 PM
yeah but i want to know if anyone knowes which model of the lenovo thinkpad it is

well i guess that if those guys couldn't even tell you what model it is you shouldn't trust them :D

bodhi.zazen
January 26th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Oh oh I know, pick me ... :lolflag:

It's an IBM laptop :p

WorLord
January 26th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Well, typically, it's written on the laptop. My T42p is on the half with the screen, at the bottom right. I'm pretty sure IBM notebooks have been putting the model number there for a long time.

haxer
January 26th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Yes but they havent told me yet but i was trying to see if anybody knew what model nr the picture had becuse the "mouse" on the keybord on the laptop is red and blue striped so not many modells have that in ibm :)

lamego
January 26th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Please note that this forum is about General Help related to Ubuntu, not about computers in general.

MkfIbK7a
January 26th, 2007, 04:47 PM
i think its a 770 or 780

MkfIbK7a
January 26th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Yes but they havent told me yet but i was trying to see if anybody knew what model nr the picture had becuse the "mouse" on the keybord on the laptop is red and blue striped so not many modells have that in ibm :)

someone may have replaced the mouse

MkfIbK7a
January 26th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Please note that this forum is about General Help related to Ubuntu, not about computers in general.

this is the cafe you can talk about computers avatars coffee and pretty much whatever you want here:D

PetePete
January 26th, 2007, 05:08 PM
please tell me i wasn't the only one who thought this thread was going to contain pictures of busty models in bikinis with their heads cropped off... and we'd have to guess the model ...

lol i'm not even joking, i'm quite dissapointed actually. :(

John.Michael.Kane
January 26th, 2007, 05:41 PM
@haxer It looks like an R or X Series Lenovo,however. it could easily be a pre-lenovo ThinkPad T23

You may want to get the specs of the machine in the pic you posted as further research shows that some of the pre-Lenovo thinkpads with p3 and p4 cpu's in them had the same mouse pad setup.

haxer It would also help if we knew what the specs of your machine is. This way we can help you decide if it's worth trading.

Hope this helps..

PatrickMay16
January 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Looking at the OP's pic, that could be any model! It could even be my T22.

Brunellus
January 26th, 2007, 06:02 PM
my pre-Lenovo 570E has an identical layout. The old thinkpads make ideal Linux laptops, especially when used with Fluxbox, which maeks the middle-click maximally useful.

mips
January 26th, 2007, 06:39 PM
yeah but i want to know if anyone knowes which model of the lenovo thinkpad it is :KS

Why don't aske them to read the model number of the label ?

The model number is not the same as the series number like T60p etc. It is a longer number, once you have that number you can look up the specs of the laptop.

sloggerkhan
January 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
please tell me i wasn't the only one who thought this thread was going to contain pictures of busty models in bikinis with their heads cropped off... and we'd have to guess the model ...

lol, I can see why you'd have thought that.
Wouldn't be something you should be expecting in the Ubuntu Forums, I'd think.

haxer
January 26th, 2007, 08:20 PM
lol you guys are really good :)

Brunellus
January 26th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Why don't aske them to read the model number of the label ?

The model number is not the same as the series number like T60p etc. It is a longer number, once you have that number you can look up the specs of the laptop.
the model number will also be printed on the underside of the unit. Plugging the long string of letters/numbers into Google will yield useful results.

burek
January 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM
thinkpad

haxer
January 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM
thinkpad i "think" so to :) :KS

nelsonb73
February 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Looks like an A21 or A22 Those were anywhere from 1 to 1.5? Ghz. p3's We used to have them at our company.

Kateikyoushi
February 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM

I thought about something similar, that in this thread people post various images and the others find out the model of the photo, with the exception that I did not think about women.

manmower
February 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM

You weren't the only one. :)

TommeN
May 2nd, 2007, 08:29 AM
I think its a "T22" or "T23". We had them at work for 2-3 years ago..

steven8
May 2nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by PetePete

lol i'm not even joking, i'm quite dissapointed actually.

In that case, I think it's a 36C. :guitar:

DoctorMO
May 2nd, 2007, 08:46 AM
If you ran my hardware debug scripts on it I'd be able to tell you in a trice.