PDA

View Full Version : Python IDE

rekahsoft
January 24th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Hi all, i am looking for a IDE that has good support for dynamic langauges but more specifially, python. It MUST be open source. Thanks

marianom
January 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM
You could try SPE. It's in the repos and here's (http://www.serpia.org/spe) a preview written by an user.

gummibaerchen
January 25th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I think the last thread about that is not a week old and has a lot of good reponses.

Please search the "Programming Talk" forum...

damn it!

rekahsoft
January 25th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I think the last thread about that is not a week old and has a lot of good reponses.

damn it!

Sorry :(

gh0st
January 25th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I would say SPE is a good one to go with for Python it has some really cool features. I've used it for a few weeks and I like it.

You can get it from the main repos I think.

dannyboy79
January 25th, 2007, 10:20 PM

damn it!

WOW!!! There is none of that here!! This is a forum to help people not to swear at them. There is a much better way to "inform" them of the search feature within the forums than the way you did it. I am afraid I have to report you so that we nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Isn't IDLE a IDE? I don't know because I myself want to learn Python but am in the very early stages of reading and going thru an online tutorial about Python. It's here: http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

Technoviking
January 25th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Sorry :(

Searching is always a good first step in finding answers on the forums, but don't be sorry for asking a question.

rekahsoft
January 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Searching is always a good first step in finding answers on the forums, but don't be sorry for asking a question.

It was my fault...i wanted a quick answer and had read through the other threads and found nothing that met my needs...

pmasiar
January 25th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Python IDE is FAQ and it *is* answered in sticky for this forum (in big font). :-(

I am not sure why but it looks to me that especially Python newbies don't look there. Maybe if you Mike (or any other admin) can change title from:

How to start programming - guides and links for many languages
to
How to start programming in Python, Java, C/C#/C++ and other languages

or maybe even:
Python, Java, C/C#/C++ and other languages: how to start programming

I do hope that if people see language name they might read the sticky.

Another improvement would be for Wybiral to create table of contant in top post - links to posts with languages. looks like beginners also have hard time to scroll down :-( or I don't know maybe read? :-)

I am also open to suggestions for better wording of Python section, if any.

rekahsoft
January 25th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Python IDE is FAQ and it *is* answered in sticky for this forum (in big font). :-(

I am not sure why but it looks to me that especially Python newbies don't look there. Maybe if you Mike (or any other admin) can change title from:

How to start programming - guides and links for many languages
to
How to start programming in Python, Java, C/C#/C++ and other languages

or maybe even:
Python, Java, C/C#/C++ and other languages: how to start programming

I do hope that if people see language name they might read the sticky.

Another improvement would be for Wybiral to create table of contant in top post - links to posts with languages. looks like beginners also have hard time to scroll down :-( or I don't know maybe read? :-)

I am also open to suggestions for better wording of Python section, if any.

I am not new to programming ;) I was just a little lazy :( and i have already apologized for my disregard.

meng
January 25th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Oh please, if we got upset every time a question was asked that had already been asked and answered, we'd never crack a smile. Let's move on!

gummibaerchen
January 25th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I am not new to programming ;) I was just a little lazy :( and i have already apologized for my disregard.

Yeah, it's all right ;) But you must understand the regular users (like me) also, as it is just annoying sometimes :(

Maybe we should add a big big big banner "Did you use the search function?" before you are allowed to create a topic :D

meng
January 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, it's all right ;) But you must understand the regular users (like me) also, as it is just annoying sometimes :(
I would also agree that the occasional mild/good-natured venting (if there can be such a thing) should be permitted.

jblebrun
January 26th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I would also agree that the occasional mild/good-natured venting (if there can be such a thing) should be permitted.

I agree with these allowance sentiments. Newbies should be allowed to ask FAQs, and oldbies should be allowed to gripe about it.

Remember... just because WE'RE pros at searching forums for answers to our questions, new people might not be. They've gotta learn some way! Sometimes it's gonna have to be hard lovin'!

Somenoob
January 26th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Eric is pretty good and it's also in the official repos. My fav ones are SPE and Eric.

pmasiar
January 26th, 2007, 02:47 AM

I have no problem (OK, very small tiny-weeny little problem :-) ) you asking FAQ. I was just thinking aloud how to improve sticky's title a little bit so it might catch the eye little bit more, thats all.

rekahsoft
January 26th, 2007, 03:01 AM
I have no problem (OK, very small tiny-weeny little problem :-) ) you asking FAQ. I was just thinking aloud how to improve sticky's title a little bit so it might catch the eye little bit more, thats all.

Understand :)

cendant
February 5th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I am currently learning Python so I found this nice tutorial here

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/