PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing anjuta

EricDallal
January 24th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I was hoping to try Anjuta, but I have run into problems with the installation. The error message upon doing ./configure was as follows:

checking for GLIB... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0) were not met:

No package 'glib-2.0' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GLIB_CFLAGS
and GLIB_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is? I can't imagine that glib would not be there if I have applications (ex: synaptic package manager that were written with GTK+).

Thanks in advance.

Eric.

EricDallal
January 24th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I looked this problem up and found another post describing the same problem. It helped, but I still have problems. Essentially, I kept getting missing package errors, then installing the package and trying again. But now I am stuck because it seems that a newer version of the package is required than the one in the synaptic package manager:

checking for GDL... configure: error: Package requirements (gdl-1.0 >= 0.7.0 gdl-gnome-1.0 >= 0.7.0) were not met:

Requested 'gdl-1.0 >= 0.7.0' but version of gdl is 0.6.1
No package 'gdl-gnome-1.0' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GDL_CFLAGS
and GDL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

Does anybody know how to get a newer version?

hampycalc
January 31st, 2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I have the same problem as stated above.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful too!
Tom

Tomosaur
January 31st, 2007, 12:14 AM
If you're compiling anjuta from source, you will need the glib dev package:

sudo aptitude install libglib2.0-dev

I seem to remember that's what I did to get anjuta working, as I also had the same error initially. If you're getting package missing errors, download the dev package of the package in question and see if that works.

talowe
January 31st, 2007, 03:01 AM
Requested 'gdl-1.0 >= 0.7.0' but version of gdl is 0.6.1
No package 'gdl-gnome-1.0' found

Does anybody know how to get a newer version?

you can get the tarball from http://ftp.gnome.org or the latest development version from svn.gnome.org

I don't remember for sure, but you might need a newer version of gnome-build (libgbf?) than is available from the repos. (available fro the same places). glade3 also (for glade integration, but that might be in repos now?)

theDentist
February 1st, 2007, 12:04 AM
I had problems too, I always seemed to have libraries that were not the correct version so I decided to try anjuta version 1.2.4a, and older version, I installed it with no problems. I know it's not the latest version but it didn't seem to matter, it did everything I wanted it to do.

Peter

theDentist
February 1st, 2007, 12:06 AM
Just another note, Everything I needed, I was able to install from synaptic

Peter

Oskr
February 11th, 2007, 04:07 AM
You can download the gdl latest version from here gdl 0.7.0 (http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdl/0.7/), the link is in the Anjuta 's download page.

Then you will be ask for the gnome-build-0.1.0 package that can be downloaded here (http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-build/0.1/) .

But when i try to install that package i get:

*** No hay ninguna regla para construir el objetivo `libgbfmarshal.list', necesario para `libgbfmarshal.h'. Alto.

*** There is no rule to build the target `libgbfmarshal.list', needed for `libgbfmarshal.h'. Stop.

Please post if you know something about this.

:lolflag:

sal_m
February 22nd, 2007, 03:39 AM
Oskar,

You need to install the libgbf-1-dev files. At least, that worked for me.

Sabot
April 27th, 2007, 02:14 AM
You need to install libglib2.0-dev to get anjuta to recognise your glib.

koala114
July 23rd, 2007, 03:07 AM
Hi, you could download this package that contain libgbfmarshal.list from http://debian.mirror.inra.fr/debian/pool/main/g/gnome-build/gnome-build_0.1.7.orig.tar.gz
And I make it