PDA

View Full Version : Now i don't know what to do.

Lowe
May 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Well for the last year i was using Linux (ohnoes another one of those threads! =( ) i learned a lot and had fun, but there was some stuff i couldn't do, mainly playing ragnarok online the only pc game i actually play and it doesn't work with cedega and i missed foobar and media player classic. Wait, forget this let's get straight to the point.

I installed windows 2 hours ago.
I hate it the same way i hated it a year a go.
I'm going back to linux. (ubuntu)
I thought i should make a thread. <_<

That saves the long ramble. :neutral:

Sorry i just had to make a thread. o_o

rjs
May 15th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Yikes, just two hours. That was quick

-rjs

sonny
May 15th, 2005, 02:47 PM
First I'll say CONGRATULATIONS... you've made a wonderfull choice... as for the other, if you can't play it through CEDEGA why don't you look for a Linux based replacement??? there's a LOT of games for Linux, finding something similar shouldn't be that hard.

TravisNewman
May 15th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I hear ya. I have Windows around on a spare partition that I go into when something doesn't work in Linux period, and I want to see if its a software problem or a hardware problem. That's all its there for. But I tell ya, it's a mess. I just can't DO anything in Windows anymore.

gil-galad
May 15th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Media Player classic is awesome, but isn't totem a suitable replacement?
But yeah, I don't think I could switch back to windows either. :)

jerome bettis
May 15th, 2005, 06:54 PM
you know you can have both on the same machine right?

bored2k
May 15th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Ragnarok Online ... I spent hours as a newbie going to the hell level, killing eggs to level up :D.
Anyway, have you tried a Windows Emulator like VMware or Win4Lin, playing through it ? RO is a fairly simplistic and lightweight game, it should run okay -i believe.

TravisNewman
May 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM
does it use any 3d rendering? If so, VMWare is out.

bored2k
May 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
does it use any 3d rendering? If so, VMWare is out.
2D with 3D background rendering.. ouch :\

TravisNewman
May 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM
It appears that this one SHOULD work with Cedega:
http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=3532

Lowe
May 15th, 2005, 07:51 PM
I last tried it about 6 months ago, i'll download the new version and see if it works now, but i doubt it will.