PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Controls Metasys

creigscofield
January 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
Does anyone know of any online information on the Johnson Controls Metasys building controls system? I volunteer at a local religious convention center as a HVAC-R technician. The building has a Metasys system that controls the HVAC, lighting, and IAQ. The problem is that the local man who installed the system is very unreliable. It has been eight years since it was built and he still hasn't finished mapping out all the functions and setting up the controllers/sensors, and when things go down it may take him weeks to get around to coming to fix it. So recently it was suggested that perhaps I should be the one to handle everything (apparently I am the resident computer geek). I am afraid however to just start poking around inside the programs without first knowing something about how they are setup, configured, and maintained. So I need anything along the lines of tutorials/tech manuals/primers, etc.

scoot714
February 14th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Hi,
I applaud your effort in taking ownership of your Metasys system, but be aware of a few things. If you have no knowledge of HVAC systems, you are taking on a monumental task. Even if you do have some HVAC background, maintaining a Metasys system without any formal training will be very difficult. That's not to say it can't be done, but you must understand that Johnson Controls fully expects their customers to attend formal Johnson Controls provided training classes to teach them how to operate their systems. If you are serious about taking over responsibility for this system, I seriously recommend JC training. In the meantime, here is where you will find ALL JC literature: http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com

Good Luck!

TDoss
May 9th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Hi, I have a question so here goes I am a contractor and we have a building with Johnson ver 4.0 I am trying to set up the A.D.S for email notification on the alarms. Here is my dilemma the ads was in a closet with no INTERNET service, so we had the building management install INTERNET but when they did they went with SBC att. So here is my first problem sbc uses SSL which Johnson does not support. So we set up another outgoing account, it is a pop2 with elink system. I went into the ads and set up the new pop2 outgoing account with the user name of the account and the password I also used smtp in the configuration. I have set up in the destination configuration the highest alarm priority possible 255 just to try and receive an alarm but have had no luck...:( Has anyone had an issue using att service with ssl and does anyone have a suggestion. I have contacted att to see if they might have a port I might can use that does not use ssl but have had no luck. Is my only choice to go and tell the client he has to switch INTERNET service providers ?

Tracy_D
September 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
I have a question does anyone know if there is a newer version of metasys that will run with a site that uses S.S.L through their internet service.

memphisjo
January 21st, 2010, 06:55 AM
I am the Metasys Administrator for the Retirement community i work for. I would love to discuss the system with anyone that needs help or just wants advice on it. My email address is <snip>. I operate a large system with this software. I would like to learn more about it.

cariboo
January 21st, 2010, 07:34 AM
You may have noticed that the original post was 3 years ago, and the other posters in thread have only posted in this thread and nowhere else. This thread is closed