PDA

View Full Version : What should i sell my Amstrad CPC464 for?

falkenberg_cph
January 22nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
I thought i'd sell my old Amstrad CPC464, so i googled it and realized no one was selling any of these machines. Now what would be a fair price?
Ok, its a bit of topic from Ubuntu, but i guess its ok in the café, lets see if anyone cares to comment.

Oh, and should i say: Im not selling the machine via ubuntu cafe, dont worry.

/Carsten

beercz
January 22nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
I have an old Acorn Electron machine with a few games, and it still works (or it did last time I tried it). Should I sell it? How much (in UK £s)?

D_jmc
January 22nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Do you have the old green hue moniter or the colour one?
Also, do you have Bombjack and Renegade on original cassette?

I sold mine a few years back for peanuts really regret it now, just for nostalgia really

falkenberg_cph
January 22nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Green monitor
some weird RAM blocks (hugh as H***)
No games though, just bought it on a fleemarket. Thought i'd get some games of the net, but it turned out i really didnt have time for it. I have had it for some years now without using it.

I have never heard of the Acorn before :
Acorn @ wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Electron)

/Carsten

doobit
January 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Green monitor
some weird RAM blocks (hugh as H***)
No games though, just bought it on a fleemarket. Thought i'd get some games of the net, but it turned out i really didnt have time for it. I have had it for some years now without using it.

I have never heard of the Acorn before :
Acorn @ wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Electron)

/Carsten

Does it have GEM office for CP/m installed?

K.Mandla
January 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
I don't know if I would sell it, if it were me. I sell vintage computer stuff (mostly through ebay) sometimes, and the market is kind of at a low now.

About four years ago, you could get $50 or so for a nice Atari 600XL (just as an example), if it was in good shape and had the original box. Now you can't really unload them except in giant lots.

It comes and it goes. When emulation became a fad in the mid-90s there was a surge in hardware sales too. Maybe it'll pick up again in a year or so.

I'd watch ebay for a month or so and see if there's any rationale for selling it.

mips
January 22nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
I thought i'd sell my old Amstrad CPC464, so i googled it and realized no one was selling any of these machines. Now what would be a fair price?
Ok, its a bit of topic from Ubuntu, but i guess its ok in the café, lets see if anyone cares to comment.

Oh, and should i say: Im not selling the machine via ubuntu cafe, dont worry.

/Carsten

I remember those. They were available locally but no one bought them. Was one of Jack Tramiels toys ?

burek
January 23rd, 2007, 04:20 AM
I could be interested by one amstrad 6128 with floppies reader + monitor ...
If you have interesting price !!

Make offer price prop.

(PM is possible)