PDA

View Full Version : why can't I write...

MaximB
January 22nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
there are many words which I can't say in this forum and I just can't get why.
here are a few examples :
why can't I say "Azz" (you know which part of the body I mean but I can't write it or you will see ***).
I mean how can this words be offensive to anyone ? butt is O.K but azz is not ? you got to be kidding.
take a look at another very popular words "biatch" (again if I'll write the full words it will get censored and you will be unable to see what I mean).
come on ... it's a female dog ! how else can I call it ? why can't I say this words ?
what about the word "Sh*t" ? why can't I say it ? I can say "I got a pee" but I can't say "I got to take sh*t" ?
and what about "f*ck" ? I can say "I'm having sex but I can't say the "short path" of this word ?

fuscia
January 22nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
you can say 'poontang', if that's any comfort to you.

migla
January 22nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
I wonder how many people are for and against automatic censoring of words. Maybe someone can add a poll here?

euxneks
January 22nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
there are many words which I can't say in this forum and I just can't get why.
here are a few examples :
why can't I say "Azz" (you know which part of the body I mean but I can't write it or you will see ***).
I mean how can this words be offensive to anyone ? butt is O.K but azz is not ? you got to be kidding.
take a look at another very popular words "biatch" (again if I'll write the full words it will get censored and you will be unable to see what I mean).
come on ... it's a female dog ! how else can I call it ? why can't I say this words ?
what about the word "Sh*t" ? why can't I say it ? I can say "I got a pee" but I can't say "I got to take sh*t" ?
and what about "f*ck" ? I can say "I'm having sex but I can't say the "short path" of this word ?

Do you really need to say things like that in the *Ubuntu* forums? Even though they may contain non-expletive meaning for you, for others they may have negative connotations.

I couldn't care less, but you have to admit if you're reading something on these forums and you come across some profuse swearing it lowers your expectations.

If you really needed to, you could get the same meaning across using different words, and even sometimes, if you are aiming to shock, there are some words that aren't bleeped that can be extremely shocking. I'm not going to tell you how, but google will probably yield some interesting results.

Choad
January 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
can say **** as much as you like. apparently thats not rude enough to be censored.

Brunellus
January 22nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Thread locked. If you want to know, it's in the forums policy. Don't try my patience.:

Forums policy Section I, subsec. 2:

Profanity: Remember that the forums are used by those of all age groups and tolerance levels to profanity usage. When in the support areas of the forum, please try to keep your language polite and courteous and refrain from the usage of profanities. In the Lounge/Backyard areas, mild profanity/swearing is allowed in the context of general speech. Explicit profanity/swearing is not allowed, and under no circumstances will we allow any profanity to be directed toward another person. Please see the Code of Conduct:Be Considerate, and the Code of Conduct:Be Respectful for more exact specifications. A language filter is in place to catch any profanities that you may have accidentally used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.