PDA

View Full Version : ordering a cd

Hacim
January 22nd, 2007, 06:19 AM
Hi, I want to upgrade to 6.10,but being on a slow connection I don't really feel like downloading an alternate install cd.So I think I should probaly just order one.My question
is: where is the best and quikest places to order from? I was thinking linuxcd.org anybody
here used them?I would like to order from someplace in side of the use, closer to MN the better.
thanks.

housam
January 22nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
I've an idea, If you have an internet cafe around You can download and burn the Iso there . they heve fast internet connections. I did it and it works fine 8)

Hacim
January 22nd, 2007, 05:43 PM
thats an idea.But even with fast internet it would probably take sitting in an internet cafe for over an hour witch i don't really have time for a the moment.

taurus
January 22nd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Go to your local library and do it there. While it's downloading, read a magazine or a newspaper. And I am sure there will be books there for you to browse though. ;)

Move to Cafe.

mips
January 22nd, 2007, 11:12 PM
There are many places out there that would ship to like osdisc.com etc

mdsmith
January 23rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
I have dialup so download is out of the question. I have ordered from linuxcentral.com The price is reasonable and the service is good. They get the releases almost as soon as they are available to anyone. Don.

Jason.TJ.Johnson
January 23rd, 2007, 05:01 AM
How about you give me your address and I'll burn you a copy.