PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

SpEcIeS
May 14th, 2005, 05:57 PM
A couple of days ago I removed my SuSE 9.2 installation, being a SuSE user for a few years, and installed Ubuntu 5.04, what an awesome distro. \\:D/ I am really going to enjoy using this one. :)

One of the nicest things about this distro is that it does not take much to get setup. When the installation was completed, and the unofficial Ubuntu repositories were added to my apt, I felt lost. There was nothing else to do. With other distros there was always something to either upgrade, build, search for, etc. Not this one. :smile:

I guess I really do not have to tell you guys that UBUNTU ROCKS!!! \\:D/

Xian
May 14th, 2005, 06:04 PM
One of the nicest things about this distro is that it does not take much to get setup. When the installation was completed, and the unofficial Ubuntu repositories were added to my apt, I felt lost. There was nothing else to do. With other distros there was always something to either upgrade, build, search for, etc. Not this one
The nice thing about Ubuntu and Debian is that you can spend the time you once used for finding & installing desired packages on other wasteful endeavors.

:)

poofyhairguy
May 14th, 2005, 08:22 PM
welcome

GarySaved
May 14th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the community!

I find myself looking for something to do.
I guess I should get back to work ... <ack>

Gary

KiwiNZ
May 14th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks and welcome aboard.