PDA

View Full Version : The Myers-Briggs Personality Test.

bonzodog
January 21st, 2007, 04:08 PM
Have a look at this, give it a go, and tell us what you scored.
My Score was:
INTP
Introverted = 78%
Intuitive = 38%
Thinking = 12%
Perceiving = 33%

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

BigDave708
January 21st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Extroverted=67%
Intuitive=38%
Feeling=12%
Judging=1%

You are:

* distinctively expressed extrovert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

I expected that . . .

fuscia
January 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
i used to be able to make that test come out however i wanted. the tricky part is to find out what type a potential employer is seeking.

EdThaSlayer
January 21st, 2007, 05:14 PM
Your Type is ISTJ
-Introverted
67%

-Sensing
12%

-Thinking
88%

-Judging
33%

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* very expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

enopepsoo
January 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM
That test insulted me! :p

MkfIbK7a
January 21st, 2007, 06:02 PM
on that test evry 3 answers were the same as the next three. just worded differently....

matthew
January 21st, 2007, 07:27 PM
ENFP (http://keirsey.com/personality/nfep.html)

33% Extroverted
25% Intuitive
69% Feeling
11% Perceiving

You are:
moderately expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personalitySeems pretty accurate, especially for a guy with a bubble-haired psychedelic avatar...

I've taken the Myers-Briggs several times for several reasons (jobs, etc.) and have always been astounded at its eerie accuracy, at least for me. That is, of course, presuming one answers honestly. As fuscia said, a person who knows what the test is looking for can easily skew the results. :D

Dainn
January 21st, 2007, 08:11 PM
INTJ
Introverted 33
Intuitive 25
Thinking 50
Judging 33
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personalityhmm, interesting So, do I find the explanations of this personality to be a match because I think some of it is complimentary, or because it's true...what ever...it was fun, thanks for the link.

Insomniac20k
January 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM
Introverted 78%
Intuitive 88
Feeling 12
Perceiving 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* very expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

Interesting test.

Bezmotivnik
January 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
I've taken the Myers-Briggs several times for several reasons (jobs, etc.) and have always been astounded at its eerie accuracy, at least for me.
Is it just me, or do the results sound like totally meaningless gibberish that can be projectively interpreted as anything at all? It sounds like an astrology profile bumped a couple of notches with numbers.

Am I missing something here?

BTW, you absolutely wouldn't believe the diagnostic nonsense that corporations fall for. Conning big business with this stuff was one of the great cottage industries during the Hi-Tech and Dot-Com bubbles in California. :rolleyes:

tbroderick
January 21st, 2007, 08:38 PM
INFP

Famous INFPs:

Mary, mother of Jesus
Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood)
Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap)
Fred Savage ("The Wonder Years")

Fictional INFPs:

Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Wesley Crusher (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
Bastian (The Neverending Story)
E.T.: the ExtraTerrestrial

http://typelogic.com/infp.html

Insomniac20k
January 21st, 2007, 08:47 PM
Hell yeah. Same personality type as Mr. Rogers 8)

lyceum
January 21st, 2007, 08:47 PM
I really could not answer over 90% of the questions yes or no, there were too many depends and maybes.

Nda
January 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
Judging 78% !! What kind of idiot makes up this rubbish?? :D

matthew
January 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Judging 78% !! What kind of idiot makes up this rubbish?? :DThat is one of the funniest comments I have read in a long time! Thanks for the laugh. :)

sanderella
January 21st, 2007, 09:23 PM
IMO the Myers Briggs test is deeply flawed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers_briggs

1. It claims to sort the entire human race into 16 personality types.
2. It is based on the intuitive thinking of Carl Jung - is his intuition reliable? Does it conflict with the results of modern psychometric testing?
3. In 1942 Isabel Briggs Myers used Jung's ideas and her psychologist mother's ideas to create the MBTI. The test has never been validated by double-blind experiments, and people who have taken the test score differently on a second attempt.
4. In my experience* trained psychologists working in healthcare settings do not use the MBTI, they have much more accurate tests.
5. I believe the MBTI can harm people by drawing their attention away from their social and family responsibilities, because it causes people to think they are fixed in a box and unable to change positively.

*I am a trained mental health nurse, and I have also taken these tests when I was ill with depression. I found the best book available to the public on personality testing was Know Your Own Personality: Hans Jurgen Eysenck: ISBN 0851170897. I think this book is out of print, but second hand copies are available on the web.

matthew
January 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM
IMO the Myers Briggs test is deeply flawed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers_briggs
Interesting. I come from an pedagogical background (degree in Education/Social Sciences, taught for a while at various levels) where the test is used often. I'm surprised I haven't heard about the controversy before...then again, it's been several years since I was active in any form of educational psychology and when I was I didn't delve too deeply.

I learned something new today. Thanks!

sanderella
January 21st, 2007, 09:48 PM
Interesting. I come from an pedagogical background (degree in Education/Social Sciences, taught for a while at various levels) where the test is used often. I'm surprised I haven't heard about the controversy before...then again, it's been several years since I was active in any form of educational psychology and when I was I didn't delve too deeply.

You're welcome. :)

Bezmotivnik
January 21st, 2007, 10:10 PM

Me too -- "Forer Effect" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect) -- I knew it had a name, but couldn't place it.

My immediate association with the "accurate" results of this thing.

sloggerkhan
January 21st, 2007, 10:31 PM
INTJ. We had to take this test in high school for some reason. (Maybe a slightly different version.)
I always come out as INT, but sometimes the last letter changes deppending on the test.

me1on
January 21st, 2007, 10:33 PM
Here's mine:

ISTJ
Introverted- 100%
Sensing- 25%
Thinking- 75%
Judging- 44%

You are:
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality
I knew I was introverted, but I'm still surprised to see it at 100%. :o

Tux Aubrey
January 21st, 2007, 11:39 PM
I have done MBTI several times in the last twenty years.

In my twenties I was a very strong INTP. I married someone who was an exteme ESFJ. We are still happily together after 25 years!

Now I'm a moderate INFJ.

I have no idea whether MBTI means anything at all. I don't take it too seriously, but find it interesting.

tigerpants
January 21st, 2007, 11:41 PM
According to the test, I'm an idiot.

I wondered where I'd been going wrong all these years.

keithpeter
January 21st, 2007, 11:51 PM
Hello All

Myers Briggs, Honey and Mumford, Belbin's roles and a host of these 'psychometric' tests have a lot to answer for (I'm speaking from 20+ years of teaching here - nearly all teachers use a 'process model' of ability/atitude/intelligence)

Have a look at

http://www.ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalksplayer.cfm?key=ken_robinson&flashEnabled=1

or

http://www.lsda.org.uk/files/PDF/1540.pdf

for chapter and verse.

beercz
January 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
INTJ

Introverted 56
Intuitive 38
Thinking 38
Judging 44

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Not really sure what to make of it really.

neoflight
January 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
i got thinking 1% .. it sucks!!!](*,)

neoflight
January 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Not really sure what to make of it really.

youshould better be ..your judging is more than thinking ):P

hizaguchi
January 22nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
These kinds of personality tests are entirely pointless. Despite the extremely weak attempt to disguise the intent of the questions, the person being tested can almost always tell which answer results in which ratings. It would save everyone involved a lot of time and trouble if they'd just come right out and ask you what your personality is like. Or better yet, if they wanted accuracy they could take a few minutes to have a conversation with you that doesn't start with "Tell me about a time you had to take charge in a group environment." and end with some pointless pre-arranged and memorized self-stroking story.

fuscia
January 22nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
whatever happened to the idea of hiring someone for their ability to work, rather than their ability to placate their fellow employees?
:lolflag: