PDA

View Full Version : How much exercise do you get in a day??

laxmanb
January 21st, 2007, 10:54 AM
Topic.

slimdog360
January 21st, 2007, 10:57 AM
a lot. If Im at work Im usually walking around a lot, or if Im at Uni I'll ride my bike there (about 5km) then when Im at Uni I have to walk heaps tp get from class to class.

STREETURCHINE
January 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
i run 8 kilometer's every morning ,play golf two days a week.thats about it for me:)

theslut
January 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
i train at the gym 4 days a week which is a weights program and 23 minutes of running. Also do some skipping as well (Not that long though).

beercz
January 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM
not enough

Stew2
January 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
If it wasn't for work I wouldn't move at all! :)

Just kidding, but I really should get more exercise.

Regards,
Stew2

MedivhX
January 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
I get some spine excercises LOL! I think it is enough...

derjames
January 21st, 2007, 01:33 PM
Walk 3.5 km and workout 45 min daily and every sunday I run 12 kms... training for the Sheffield half marathon: http://www.sheffieldmarathon.com/

tribaal
January 21st, 2007, 01:38 PM
I run about 30 minutes every mornings, and swim 2 kilometers twice a week. I also hike, snowboard, and play basketball and badmington on a regular basis :)
If I don't get my exercice I become agressive and bad tempered... kind of like when a smoker runs out of cigarettes =)

- trib'

thesmartace
January 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Being a uni student, I have to do a lot of walking. I walk to/from uni each day and am continually walking between classes. I also live on the top floor of a unit complex so there are stairs to contend with.

On top of all that, my gf is a health nut so she keeps me fit :p

MedivhX
January 21st, 2007, 02:32 PM
OK, then I walk 2 km to school, then 500m in school, and then 2 km from school every day. LOL! And we have P.E. where we run until we are half-dead...

betamax
January 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Once upon a time the concept of linux (or computers in general) and exercise would be mutually exclusive.

Nice to see we're not all "stereotyped" geeks.

I try and keep reasonably fit through running, cycling and getting my butt wupped by black-belts at judo (only a humble orange belt at the moment).

FurryNemesis
January 21st, 2007, 03:09 PM
I'm a student, so gym membership is cheap - there's one on campus. I go there five times a week for weights, bike 4 miles a day to-from campus when it's not dark, cold or raining, play Badminton twice a week and do a few hours of archery on the side. Walking around campus also racks up about a mile a day, I'd guess.

... makes me wonder what my fitness levels will do when I get a job...

EdThaSlayer
January 21st, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't really exercise at all. I did last year in P.E. I guess my exercise is limited to walking in school and in my house.

fuscia
January 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
i have weights at home, so i try to do either olympic lifts, deadlifts or overhead squats everyday.

Mr.Auer
January 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
I get quite enough exercise...
I currently work as a mailman, sorting and delivering mail by hand cart. Before that i delivered morning newspapers at nighttime, the biggest area I did was 60 staircases of 3-4 storey buildings with no elevatros and 6 with elevators ;) On one area I got 15 km of walking and running stairs per night.

I also bike almost everywhere i go, got a couple mountain bikes. When im too lazy to bike i take the bus, tram or metro.

After commuting with bike and working ive already satisfies my physical needs mostly :p Then sometimes i like to swim some, used to go to the gym too but havent done that in a while... I like it that working and walking and biking as transportation get you where you need to be, and you get to enjoy the scenery and its beneficial to health too..Id be a couch potato if i didnt bike :D

Onyros
January 21st, 2007, 05:34 PM
I'm going back to boxing next week. I had a badass injury a couple of years ago when I was at the peak of my physical form, weighing in at 70 kg /155 pounds with 8% of body fat (being 1,75 m / 5ft9 all).

I then had a car accident, had a torn ligament in my knee and had to quit it for a very painful physical therapy which still didn't restore my knee's health back to where it was.

I also played basketball regularly back then, but that's one thing I won't be able to play like I did, because the knee definitely limited my jumping and I also developed a few back problems.

Now I'm going back to boxing, and I can't wait until I get back into shape :D

sanderella
January 21st, 2007, 11:08 PM
I walk the dog every day. I do 4 hours of ice dancing a week.

Choad
January 21st, 2007, 11:12 PM
walk to uni. when i can be arsed i lift some weights but not regularly. kinda pointless. i am hugely unfit. huzzah.

tigerpants
January 21st, 2007, 11:49 PM
I train about 4 hours of kung fu a week , coupled with the walk to work 5 days a week and thats all I need really. I often wonder just how much exercise is really needed - I think these fitness people on the tele overstate it to sell more fitness videos.

I can't do gym stuff, like weights etc, as I find too boring. I don't know how people manage it. I think I lasted about 15 minutes last time i went. Doesn't help that I eat to may mars bars.

euler_fan
January 22nd, 2007, 01:41 AM
not enough

That's me too. I try to get a good work out in three days/week. (really heavy college and work load, not enough time for more and still getting enough sleep :frown: ) Otherwise there is the normal walking to and from class and some basic calisthenics in the morning when I remember to do them :rolleyes:

riven0
January 22nd, 2007, 01:46 AM
How much exercise do you get in a day??

None! I sit 10 - 12 hours a day on the comp and try to get all my shopping done on the net. :lol:

Phatfiddler
January 22nd, 2007, 01:49 AM
More than I could use. Waiting tables 5 hours a day, 5 days a week is definitely not relaxing.

ghowells
January 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Body For Life (http://www.bodyforlife.com) baby! Which equates to 3 days of CV a week (20 mins step-up interval program) and 3 days of resistance a week which usually takes about 1.5 hours alternating between upper and lower body workouts. It's an interesting way of working as you do sets with increasing weight and reducing reps in the following pattern:

E.G. For a chest section:-

Barbell Press
12 reps @ 40KG
1 min rest
10 reps @ 45KG
1 min rest
8 reps @ 50KG
1 min rest
6 reps @ 55KG
1 min rest
12 reps @ 50KG
no rest then switch exercise to another chest movement
Dumbbell flies
12 reps @ 12k

You then have 2 minutes rest in between working different body parts and repeat the above pattern for each part of the body (back, shoulders, biceps, triceps) and do the same for the lower body 2 days later (CV session in between)

Foxen
January 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I walk about 45 minutes with my dog and the lil' kid in the waggon every evening unless it's a storm raging outside and work lots with old cars, so I get pretty much exercise and workout ;)

kuja
January 25th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Does typing count?

fuscia
January 25th, 2007, 02:14 PM
one of my favorite quotes about exercise (i wish i could remember who said it), is "the best workout you can do with a leg press machine is to throw a chain around it and drag it around the parking lot for 45 minutes."

ixus_123
January 25th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I'm training for Berlin marathon in September so currently running about 60 miles a week.

I mainly sit around for the rest of the day as my work is desk based.