PDA

View Full Version : where and who to spread the word to?

drascus
January 21st, 2007, 12:50 AM
So you have caught the linux bug and you want to spread this great thing to everyone. Who should you tell and how should you tell em? Well I work at a library and we have public access computers which you could imagine get quite a bit of malware on them. and tech support almost never responds to us. So I talked to my director and she is writing a proposal to have all public access computers become ubuntu linux computers. What a satisfying experiance to get this thing spread around. Also I ordered a whole bunch of the free cd's and give them very liberally to anyone who would even look slightly interested. I ask that the rest of you share your ideas of how you spread the linux bug. maybe we can all learn some new tricks.
~Drascus~

RAV TUX
January 21st, 2007, 04:49 AM
I would try your local University

macogw
January 23rd, 2007, 06:51 AM
One of the librarians back home is a genealogist and when she saw the reports GRAMPS makes she was all jealous of the Linux-only program (and yes, she knows what Linux is). I told her about Edubuntu though because they have a few kid-computers, and she said she'd look into it.

I've ended up getting people interested in it when they're looking over my shoulder as I de-virus someone else's computer and they're complaining about their viruses. i tell them they wouldn't get viruses no matter how much pr0n they download if they used linux.

mangz74
February 4th, 2007, 02:46 PM
you could probably leave a couple of Ubuntu CDs in the cafeteria or student union of your local community college or university. :) Make sure to put a big poster "FREE" and some urls linking to the forums or the Ubuntu website.