PDA

View Full Version : hp,printers(a thank you)

STREETURCHINE
January 20th, 2007, 06:12 AM
hp aint they just great to deal with,

i bought a hp 300 series because everyone said they work just fine with linux,but i could not get mine to run no matter how hard i tried and man did i try,
so i sent of an email to hp and detailed what i had done steps i had taken,that was a week or so ago.
got an email this morning with a link on it with a new driver,and they ask if i was still having problems download the new driver and give it a go..
so i downloaded it and yes you guessed it it works i now have a printer scanner copier that works with linux.

whoot.whoot :lolflag:

thanks hp( i have sent them a thankyou email)

slimdog360
January 20th, 2007, 06:44 AM
hmm... a company which helps people. Sounds a bit supicious. Are you sure you are not working for hp or something?

edit: Which printer was it exactly, can you link the printer driver. I ask as Im looking for one myself.

STREETURCHINE
January 20th, 2007, 06:55 AM
it is on there web site i used the new version hplip-1.6.12 and it worked fine.

as for working for them if they had an office at esperance w.a. then that would be possible ..but alas i am a simple retired chef kicking back and enjoying life....:lolflag:

weasel fierce
January 20th, 2007, 09:29 AM
HP are the proverbial b0mz0rz

11hjpphty76lkjj
January 24th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Glad to know the that HPLIP worked for you.

And thanks for the support. :)

Mateo
January 24th, 2007, 06:55 PM
my HP printers work fantastically well with linux. probably the easiest pieces of "hardware" to set up out of them all. unfortunately, my HP computer isn't as easy.