PDA

View Full Version : simple question about gmail and firefox

TheRingmaster
January 17th, 2007, 06:13 PM
this isn't really a problem so I will post this here.

Is there anyway to get the gmail composer to come up when I hit an email link? I have contacted google about this and they don't really know (or won't tell) anything.

jdhore
January 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
i use an extension called gmail manager that has the option to map mailto links to one of your Gmail accounts...hope that helps

TheRingmaster
January 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
i use an extension called gmail manager that has the option to map mailto links to one of your Gmail accounts...hope that helps

I just installed the gmail manager add-on and I don't see the "mailto" option. Is there something I am missing here?

jdhore
January 17th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I just installed the gmail manager add-on and I don't see the "mailto" option. Is there something I am missing here?

in the extension, go to preferences and use the drop-down menu to select all account settings, then go to the compose tab and what you want will be in the middle of that tab

migla
January 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM
A bit off topic: In case people didn't know, one can use gmail with pop and receive and send mail through evolution or thunderbird etc. Apart from being setup in the mail-client, this needs to be enabled from within gmail (in the settings). Very handy when at home.

Howto gmail with evolution etc... (http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/linux-tutorials-howtos-reference-material/41552-complete-guide-using-gmail-thunderbird-mozilla-mail-evolution-kmail.html)

Polygon
January 18th, 2007, 12:03 AM
i know the google toolbar always asks me when i click the "gmail" button:

"Hey, it looks like your using gmail. Do you want google toolbar to open up gmail whenever you hit a mailto: link?"

or something along those lines

so maybe google toolbar is what your looking for?