PDA

View Full Version : Create custom keywords KDevelop

tomane
January 17th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Hi,
I am working with kdevelop (programming in C)and so far I'm quite happy with it.
However I bumped into a small issue here; I'm creating a header typedef'ing costum data types that I plan to use in th whole project.
How can I tell kdevelop to highlight these new keywords? It could be either considering them as if they were a base data type or by creating a class of their own.
So, can this be done? :-k

Cheers,
--to

Steveire
January 17th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I don't have KDevelop at the moment to test it, and haven't tried this with kate either, but you could edit the file /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax/c.xml to add the keyword you want, or copy it to your home folder and edit it there. Then edit ~/.kde/share/config/katesyntaxhighlighting.rc to point at your copy. Let me know if that works.

tomane
January 17th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I don't have KDevelop at the moment to test it, and haven't tried this with kate either, but you could edit the file /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax/c.xml to add the keyword you want, or copy it to your home folder and edit it there. Then edit ~/.kde/share/config/katesyntaxhighlighting.rc to point at your copy. Let me know if that works.

Thanks, I edited the c.xml file in place and it worked!

Cheers,
--to.