PDA

View Full Version : Able to edit polls?

wert613
January 15th, 2007, 07:25 PM
im wondering if you are able to edit your own polls if so how?

thx
wert:D

wert613
January 15th, 2007, 08:15 PM
anybody?

wert613
January 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
help?!

M_the_C
January 15th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I'm not certain but I read on one post that you edit the first post, then look out for advanced options.

tuxcantfly
January 15th, 2007, 10:50 PM
click "edit" on the bottom right

then there's a button that says "go advanced" between the "save" and "cancel" buttons, on the bottom right

then, just edit as you would normally

aysiu
January 15th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

wert613
January 15th, 2007, 10:58 PM
i mean the poll itself as in the options
e.g.

poll yes or no

yes

no

i want to edit yes to say yep
how would i do this?

PriceChild
January 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
you can't once its started afaik

aysiu
January 15th, 2007, 11:15 PM
you can't once its started afaik
Ditto.

wert613
January 16th, 2007, 01:36 AM
afaik?

i understand what you are saying though thx:D

PriceChild
January 16th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Sorry :)

AFAIK = as far as i know.

I should stop using that... too much time spent on irc :)

wert613
January 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM
ok thanks:D
shoudve know that one:rolleyes:

Nano Geek
October 3rd, 2007, 01:49 AM
Is there a reason why a user can't edit his own poll?

Thanks

Nano Geek
October 8th, 2007, 10:39 PM
*bump*

rsambuca
October 8th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Is there a reason why a user can't edit his own poll?

Thanks

Wouldn't that kind of skew the results? The people that had already voted had different options than new voters!

aysiu
October 8th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I don't know what the technical issues involved are, but the only reason I could see for editing a poll would be to correct a typo.

If you left off a significant poll option, it would be better (for the reason rsambuca mentioned) to close the poll and just start a new one.

Nano Geek
October 9th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I don't know what the technical issues involved are, but the only reason I could see for editing a poll would be to correct a typo.

If you left off a significant poll option, it would be better (for the reason rsambuca mentioned) to close the poll and just start a new one.I have just seen that several times either others or I leave options off and poll and a Mod has to add them.

daou
October 16th, 2007, 05:06 PM

If you left off a significant poll option, it would be better (for the reason rsambuca mentioned) to close the poll and just start a new one.

Is it possible to completely remove a poll once it is made? Does closing a poll refer to only blocking new votes but still displaying the results? Or does it have to be replaced by a new one?

aysiu
October 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
As far as I know, the only ways to close a poll are to let the original expiration to date pass or to close the thread the poll is attached to.

You can easily replace polls, but you cannot easily remove them. If you make a new poll in a new thread and merge the old thread into the new thread, the old posts will remain, but the old poll will be deleted.

ryanVickers
October 17th, 2007, 03:35 AM
It would be nice to be able to edit your polls fact the fact, but the thing is that people should run a poll and then change the question to mean something totally different!

Perhaps they could allow changes, but have them reviewed by moderators or something first ;). I imagine that would be a full time job though :p

PriceChild
October 17th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I think there are also forum software limitations.

Bruce M.
April 3rd, 2008, 08:15 PM
But isn't there a way the OP can "Close" the poll, leaving the results etc?

As an OP option under Thread Tools

I think that would be a good option.

Maybe some extra options when creating a poll:

Close Poll after:
Date: <-- I believe that exists.
Total Number of Votes: [number here] (Minimum 100) <-- maybe

Then when the poll is created it would show on the bottom:

Poll closes on: date - or
Poll closes after xxx votes

treepolitik
March 6th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Just wondering, how do I start a poll?
Never mind, I figured that I just had to scroll down further on the Post New Thread page (from the Forum Tools dropdown in any of the folders accessible through the Ubuntu Forums home page). In parenthesis is for other beginners.