PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft on Intel GMA 950?

Spif
January 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried running WoW with on a laptop with an Intel GMA 950 graphics card. It should work well on XP, but I am not sure the Linux drivers are as good for the GMA 950.

Anyone have any experiences with this?

iMav
February 25th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried running WoW with on a laptop with an Intel GMA 950 graphics card. It should work well on XP, but I am not sure the Linux drivers are as good for the GMA 950.

Anyone have any experiences with this?
I am wondering this as well. WoW runs respectably on my MacBook with the same video.

R4D10Active
December 4th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I am on a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 which uses the Intel GMA 950 I just recently was able to install WoW successfully under Ubuntu 7.10 with the latest release of wine. I am pretty sure that I messed something up during the install because the graphics are crap. I am a complete linux noob even though I have used it for school. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I have been through the WoW: How To (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft) and the Troubleshooting section at the same.

Cheers

R4D10Active

R4D10Active
December 5th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Bump for the night.

Espionage724
February 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I would use Cedega if possible to install WoW....right now I am in the process of even trying to get it to work though....

pedro_orange
February 13th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Try running:

glxinfo | grep rendering

If you get an output similar to: "direct rendering: Yes" you should be ok in the graphics department. This does not take into account CPU/Memory etc.

I have problems running WoW with an Intel Extreme, with jerky graphics etc. (This is after all the reg/conf tweaks) Works much better on my desktop with an 8800GTS and 4GB Ram :D

If you haven't checked out: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft
You should now.

GL