PDA

View Full Version : Testing for Search Engine Optimization

dninja
May 12th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I've been reading articles on SEO and in particular Googles Page Rank system. I'm looking for something to spider my site, check the links and work out ranking from them. I want to make sure that all page rank points are being used to their full potential.

Can anyone suggest a linux package which will do this well?

(Before anyone suggests it, I could google for one but I want some personal recomendations as using a bad or inacurate one would be a waste of time)

sas
May 13th, 2005, 12:44 AM
I've been reading articles on SEO and in particular Googles Page Rank system. I'm looking for something to spider my site, check the links and work out ranking from them. I want to make sure that all page rank points are being used to their full potential.

Can anyone suggest a linux package which will do this well?

(Before anyone suggests it, I could google for one but I want some personal recomendations as using a bad or inacurate one would be a waste of time)
There's a firefox extension...no idea how accurate it is though, and it doesn't spider your site, merely gets the pagerank out of google somehow...What you've asked for is pretty much impossible unless you're google....no-one else knows the complete algorithm

dninja
May 13th, 2005, 09:04 AM
What I'm after is something which checks the links between my pages to make sure they are linked efficiently acording to what people believe the google ranking system to be.

The main article I read was this one (http://www.webworkshop.net/pagerank.html) which gives a link to an online tool where you can enter your site in an abstract form but not to anything which will check the site for you.

I have the firefox extension but all that tells me is what each page is scoring, not how its score is related to other pages.